Saturday, May 6, 2023

Madigan ,the testosterone crazed cockapoo

Madigan has woken Laura and I multiple times through the night.  He is miffed we have not allowed him on the bed with us.  Much to our surprise he leaped up on his own and took umbrage to my putting him back on the cabin floor.  I’ve walked him for a couple of hours. Buy’s there’s  unlimited energy in use. Very much nuclear powered. Worse he is in lust. 

He lives to hump Laura. I remember when Gilbert lived to hump Aim.  She called him « the humper’ As a man I can appreciate their good taste yet I’m thrown back to when I was a boy and I caused my father and mother no end of concern. At least my attention was outside the house the house.  Not incestuous like this mutt’s.  Meanwhile Laura is being Laura and Madigan interprets every gesture as reciprocity. I suppose I could make a video of the exchange and show it to every teen boy in school.  With Gilbert the ‘phase’ passed in months but with Madigan it comes and goes and seems to be lasting too long.

I’m seriously considering neutering him despite my not wanting to lose the potential revenue in breeding this little guy in retirement.  I’ve to date treated quite a few men with hyper sexuality medically but never surgically.  With this mutt that kept me awake half the night with the cries of suffering of Poor Werther if I was to lean towards surgerical solution  I’d prefer lobotomy.  I awoke several times to his doleful groans and whining.  

We normally wake at 7 am but it’s vacation. None the less he began barking adamantly aggrieved by my not getting up to let him at his princess.  To Laura though it’s less the pageantry of the crowning of King Charles which is happening today with Camilla as Queen than an episode of Deliverance.  His toothy animalistic grin is dominated less by affection and more by lust. His eyes suggest a cuddle but his intent is clearly to plow her leg.  To be successful young men must learn the art of 90 % romance and affection and 10% animal lust.  Madigan has it all reversed.  He’s further confused as his object of interest is definitely her leg. 

I plan to talk to the vet while hoping the problem will resolve.  Thanks to Covid he’s been under socialized with his own kind. I keep hoping he’ll meet a lady dog with similar desire.  Though there are several female dogs who are enamoured by him, they are always leashed and chaperoned as he.  Besides dogs don’t do quickies and can even get knotted and entangled in the act for hours.  Not something to be encouraged at the off leash dog park with children about.  

Admittedly part of the problem is his loneliness.  I’ve taken him for an early morning walk and now with me in the cabin with him he’s no longer being irritating. He sincerely loves Laura and would like to sit with her as they do at the table . He actually behaves himself with direction and attention especially when I’m here to reinforce her commands.  Laura’s commands never sound as such, more like ‘suggestions’.  The point is made though and we manage.  

But today I’m tired and irritable. If I was Vietnamese we’d be eating dog tonight.  









No comments: