Saturday, May 27, 2023

Gratitude Saturday

I’m pleased to be awake.  The day is good. Sunny warm. Madigan is a nutbar.  Jumped on my crotch when he figured I was waking.  Acted like he was innocent.  I did sit cross legged after and pray and meditate. I like peace of mind. The exercise quiets the fears and resentments.  Next I physically exercised.  
My morning crisis was the shortage of ground expresso. I have instant but I had just enough for a cup of coffee. I’m roasting Ethiopian green beans right now.  I attended my zoom meeting of IDAA cyberdocs on one coffee.  Listened and didn’t offer to share.  
I walked the dog. He was jumping up and down making it difficult to attach his leash as usual. Then he was piddling everywhere, A prolific pee mail contributor. I liked the birds though I believe a crow has moved into the tree where I saw the hummingbirds.  
There wasn’t much on social media.  Too often I let it skew my emotional self.  I like it for the models and campfires and dogs and cats.  The advertising is sneaky.  Minor concerns.
I’m really grateful to be alive.  I love the spring and summer.  A light breeze with flower blossoms making it look like pink snow.  I walked with Peter and Lucy and Bella and he commented on them earlier this week. Today we met with Dave and Emory.  

“I’ve got new saddlebag’s, “. I said.

“I just took my bags off to streamline my bike,” said Dave

“I miss the lean and mean look but love the convenience of saddlebags if only to carry bungee cords.”

“Do they come off easily.”  

“I expect so , “ I haven’t tried. I was thinking that I have to test the head set and see if I can interface my iPhone with the motorcycle.  Elon Musk announced a Neuro chip test recently.  I’m happy with computer enhancements.  Loved watching the French Sci Fi Valerian and the world of a thousand planets.  

Emory was glad to see his pal Madigan and they walked together .  Emory is old and can only make it to the office and back.  He has a funny lope gait as he bounces to stay with us.  He doesn’t seem older in intention.  

Terry shared he was 77 and Milton said he was dating a new girl at 78.  “My last partner was beautiful and I had money whereas this one is a PHD and we can’t get off the phone talking.”  He sounded like a teen ager.  Another woman shared she was 61 , that her mother lived to 90 so she was on her back 30.  Nathan had begun it all saying a friend told him he had another decade to go and as that was 2 years ago he figured he had 8 years left.

I find myself thinking of the finiteness of life.  I’m presently preparing for my winter project taking the camper and motorcycle and satellite dish to Arizona to avoid the month of cold and snow. I have dreamed of being a snow bird since I lived in Winnipeg despite spending a year in Mexico and a year in California and years in the Marianas Islands. Last year I had a month in Yuma and loved it but didn’t like returning to the snow and ice. So that’s the project.  I’m year to year I guess. I enjoy working and the virtual possibility makes it even better.  I was at the clinic yesterday and enjoyed the new people serving and contributing.  I was also glad to be earning money as it payed for my saddlebags. Now that they’re on the bike I can look at the rack for the front of the truck which will allow me to carry it with me.  

I booked a weekend in Harrisons for Laura and I. I wanted to be by a lake so I could swim. Garry recommended more of it for my back.  My back is just sore and stiff but doens’t have the sharp pains and the severe weakness as much now, since I’ve been exercising more. Camping and quadding and doing these things on the weekend are really active and I hurt but it’s good hurt when I come back. Too much time on the couch watching tv and snacking.  Good to be getting healthy.  

Thank you God for this life. Thank you for this creation and for my being in this creation. Thank you for friends and Madigan. Thank you for work and colleagues. Thank you Jesus!












No comments: