Saturday, May 13, 2023

Glorious morning

Well, it wasn’t quite glorious at first. It’s glorious now.  To begin the dog began whining when the sun came up at 5 am .  He wants a quickie hump of Laura’s leg but I won’t allow him up on the bed. I was rather pleased myself with an erection. Physiologically that means I’m capable but it’s also called a ‘pee hard on’ and I really was enjoying the warmth beneath the Hudson Bay blanket.  Laura smelt lovely beside me, touselled blond hair on the pillow  and warm inviting body.  The gymnastics involved in either getting up to pee or rousting Laura from sleep for a loving morning of lust didn’t do it.  Thankfully I was able to roll over and return to dreaming after hissing at the mutt to be quiet.  

I dreamed pleasant dreams last night and after wakening.  I was in a futuristic place of learning, studying.  White walls and technology and virtual reality goggles.  I’ve been watching the Netflix Foundation, a recreation of the Asimov classic trilogy.  Like the original Dune movie it is okay.  Like Moses and Jesus.  These movies point back to the book but they just don’t capture the ‘experience’ of discovery and eureka found in reading. Better than the Kardasians or the News, mind you.  In my dream there was that reverence associated with higher learning and churches and holy places. I woke again from sleep with my dog whining. This time his lust was concealed in a layer of « I just want to kiss my mommy’.  The incestuous little runt has been at her ears. So it starts with love and kisses then he’s humping her leg.

Quite the sight really.  Embarrassing.  Too reminiscent of myself when I was in my early teens.  Girls all rainbows and unicorns and us boys pithed frog brains with residual reflexes jerking the hips.  Meanwhile the girls are rather pleased with themselves for causing the reaction. However they would no doubt like a pause button or a speed control like they have on their hair driers.  I consider castrating the mutt but remember Gilbert, the cockapoo before Madigan, called ‘the humper’ by our Thai friend Aim.  It’s a phase.  

I crawled out of bed and did not let him up as he obviously hoped.I love the camper wash room.  It’s like a train or plane or boat..  Totally functional with sink and toilet and shower all in one. The whole little room is moulded plastic like material.  White, with a fan built into the wall that can be pushed out or pulled in.  Wonderful engineering.  I relieved myself.

The dog was still there, ardent as ever. Standing on the bench looking into the bedroom. A cartoonist would surround his head with hearts.  I’m sure I had a similar look on my face when I stayed at a hippy commune and looked into the bed room of one of the girls, her perfect shoulder uncovered and her lustrous hair falling over the pillow.  The pheromal scent of her slowed my step and left an unforgettable image. I’d not ‘stared’ but merely glanced.  My mind is full of snapshots of such beauty.  My dogs however gets the whole video camera and crew going.  There’s no glances on gentlemanly turning away.    I pull on shorts, donned my shirt and  slipped into my sandals.

When I take his leash he’s actually disappointed. His insaniety is such that he really thought we were getting ready to climb into bed with Laura. Instead I’m dragging him outside.  Outside. 

Oh well, he likes the outdoors and deals with peeing immediately.  The plant is happy. The sun is shining  We’re high up in the mountains surrounded by a ring of white capped peaks. There’s a cool breeze and I’m invigorated.  He’s now in sniff and pee mode.  It’s like a dog with social media. He’s scrolling. His little legs carrying him forward.  A perfect distraction. He’s scrolling through the morning while I’m lifted heavenward atthe top of the world . The scent of pine has infused the air. It’s glorious.

Then he shits and I’m pleased because dog owners feel rewarded by these moments. Even the scooping up the poo and carrying it in the little plastic bag is rewarding. But not today. His fur has matted and he can’t get the poop to drop so he looks dolesfully at me. I have to bend down and pull the poop out and off his butt so he can get on with dog world day.. Without me he’d be rubbing his butt in sand.

Back at the truck camper I collapse in the out door lawn chair. I hear she’s up so give her time .  He’s whining again but stern looks have him sitting silently awaiting. I’m facing the morning sun and meditate.  Our father who art in heaven. . Jesus.  Holy Spirit.  Breathe.  Peace. Bliss. Om. Amen . Holy words. It’s glorious.

After a while I take him inside.  He’s ecstatic to see her up running around her legs and jumping up and down.  She is radiant. I understand how he feels for her.   I kiss her briefly on her soft lips drinking a sip of her potent weet scent.  

Then I drag him by the leash into the perfect washroom and wipe  his butt ‘wet ones’. All the while he’s giving me attitude like I’m ruining his suave. 

When we come out she says « He smells of poo », 

« He had an accident.  I cleaned it off but don’t let him up on the table. I’ll shower with him later. »

He climbs squirming into her lap smelling of poo. I think of all the families with kids and baby puke and diarhrea and dogs and cats with shit and such.  Life is Glorious.  

I set about making coffee.  We both like coffee in the morning.  The aroma of stove top expresso soon fills the camper. Life is glorious 













No comments: