Sunday, March 5, 2023

Harrison Hotspring Spa.

I booked my morning massage when we arrived.  Truly a birthday treat and medicinal.  I’ve had massages here before and love the ambience.  It’s a bit of the old world yuppie hippie era or that’s just my association. I had my first massage in my 20’s and formally learned Swedish Massage as a family physician. I love the oils, the scents and incense. Laura is waiting to go for her afternoon massage with a fellow. I had a pretty young lady with strong hands. I don’t know what I was thinking but I’d left my sweats on and had to be told to take off my pants.   

I had a massage here at New Years so knew the routine.  I have enjoyed the Thai massage in town and before covid had the Ayurveda Massage in Kerala, India.  My back has been complaining of the lifetime of work and strain.  Now I’m apprecciating these healing measures.  It all began with a gymnastics injury at 16 and the first 360 pitchpoling car collision in my early 20’s before the plane crash a few years later. The truck crash and motorcycle crash didn’t help but flipping the ATV was rude to say the least.  This last year with the sedentary Covid life aging and weight gain and a slip and fall on Arthur’s Seat, Edinburgh ,followed by the sciatica in the fall are all behind me all behind me now.  Winter is always the toughest time.  
  
Is this for relaxation or chronic pain? The questionnaire asked. Chronic pain, I answered though really I’ve been feeling better each week. Dr. Ready has helped immensely.  I did get the acupuncture in London and that did me for  another week.  Each thing I do seems to give me a few more weeks of relief. Stretching, swimming, and exercise help most. But it’s all better and certainly the massage today was glorious.  I nodded off.  

I’ve just came in from a walk with Laura and Madigan around the town and around the lagoon. Pain free.  When I made my first tour of the lagoon I had to sit a couple of times but thanks to the hotspring and massage I’m mobile again and pain free. What a joy!  I love taking the healing waters here. 





















No comments: