Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Harrison Hot Springs Resort - Leaving day

So sad to be leaving.  I paid the bill.  I was picking up coffee at Margarets Cafe after letting Madigan have his morning pee outside.  I’m in a daze.

 I was dreaming of myself wearing the navy pea jacket I had in my 20’s long before I even thought of being an offshore sailing captain. I was in a basement at a party with my professor friend going through old LP records.  The collection was so important when I was younger.  Laura and I’d watched a John Denver folk song performance on PBS last night.  He’d sung his song Leaving on a Jet Plane made famous by Peter Paul and Mary.  It was a wistful dream.  My professor friend had been concerned when I said , I didn’t care any more.  I’d discussed he lack of justice the night before.  I’ve been reading ‘silk roads’ a review of the civilizations and empires that rose and fell.  The culmination in the people of Ghengis Kahn devoted to cruelty and war after the success of Roman, then Persians , then Muslims.  So much of safety of Europe simply followed the reasoning there were easy richer pickings to the east and south.

I reflect on being a doctor and interested in survivalism and travel, a writer, and explorer. I’ve taken little pleasure in ‘winning’ yet today I’m sad looking back at the losses I experienceed with women who betrayed me and yet in their own eyes ‘won’.  I escaped before being devoured.  The last thing I was ever focussed on was accumulating wealth and power.  Other than the choices of partnerships I made solid decisions and yet I was always devoted to knowing God and the spiritual path.  I can’t have both neccssarily. I also was struck yesterday reading of another who wears the cloak of spirituality but had a priviliedged life of security and wealth.  I guess the dream triggered my sense of aging and time of life, Returning today to work and bills and my procrastination.  It’s been a joy and pleasure to be here.  I love being pain free in the pools’.  I’ve enjoyed the long walks by the lake with Madigan.  

A picture of Gilbert young reminded me of the decade we shared and all the fun in the woods, travelling and here..  Now Madigan is so much a part of life.  He loves Laura and she constantly slips him little treats.  

I’ve paid for the room on my Visa.  I paid it off last week and now will pay it off when I get paid in a couple of weeks.  When I get home I have to collect the bank material for taxes and later this week drop off my box to set in motion that process.  We’re hoping the camper will be ready soon.  The next break will be a weekend in the woods with the camper.  I expect Princeton or back here to the Glencoe campground.   The Desiree is to get off the grid but wifi and services keep us on the grid.  I’ll have the Starlink for future trips but not for weekends.  

Thank you God for this weekend. Thank you for Madigan and Laura. Help me in my work.  Watch over and protect and care for our families . Guide me in your way and help me with my healing

Thank you



















No comments: