Friday, August 19, 2022

Good to be alive, Glad to have RV repairs done

I woke thankful to wake and be alive.  Good way to start the day. 
It’s Friday. TGIF. I had one disturbing angry drug addicted case and I blame myself. I walk into these traps with angry people looking for and excuse to explode. It’s a life long ballet dance on egg shells.  I’m always taken back to being a child and the big people and loud people. Now I’m the old man and the young people are startling in their intolerance and rage. It’s drugs.  
I walk the dog and there’s these dogs who wait on leash and lunge at the last minute. Poor little Madigan flew 10 feet in the air to escape. I used to be shocked by Moray Eels who would lunge out at me.  Now I have to think back with a struggle to remember all the colourful beautiful tropical fish. The eel comes to mind instantaneously.  Denizens of the deep.  Yet this week in work I was some 30 or more patients and all that sticks out in the angry young man. I should be focussed on the half dozen or more who thanked me for helping them stop drinking or lift their mood, get ahead in school, deal with another day. I wrote several letters on behalf of patients advocating for them. I prescribed dozens of medications that have helped them immensely. They tell me they thank me.  I solved a puzzle or two.  I carried on. Each day I faced the unknown and did another day of work.  
The sun and heat have been incredible.  My air conditioner in the living room can barely keep up.  The temp rose to 90 without it. I have a fan in the office. By the afternoon it’s muggy and hot.  Over the weekend last it was joyful to sun tan outside on the lawn chair.
My back pain has lessened and I have more mobility.  
I really do need to exercise more. The kids off school have filled the pool so I’ve not made the effort to swim. In the fall it will be possible to swim more. It’s stretching I need to do.  I’m on the waitlists for Taichi. 
I’m so pleased Kelvin of Travco has replaced my leaking hot water tank, fixed the shower leak, replaced the kitchen faucet and replaced the lock and installed the second battery . He’ll be by to finish the awning replacement and address the roof seals later.  I was concerned about the leak.  Water can cause so much damage.  It’s all good and I’ll have cleaning ladies back next week.  
My truck is booked for service this week.  Laura and I are in Clinton for a week beginning of September bow hunting season.  I’ll collect the gear from the storage locker this weekend to be prepared for our mini vacation.  I’ll enjoy the drive.  
I don’t feel as harried and depressed as I did. I feel blessed and grateful to be alive.  I love that I am speaking with God daily and by the hour and have faith and peace. Peace of mind is so much under rated. I have purpose and meaning.  I’ve direction and a goal. Maybe next year I’ll do more camping.  I think at times about Berlin, Vienna, Argentina and Thailand.  Travel possibilities.  Several jobs have been offered but right now I enjoy the people I’m working with and really care for my patients . 
Thank you Jesus. Thank you God for Madigan and British Columbia and Canada and North America and the world. Thank you for land and water and air. Thank you Lord for my life. Thank you for this day. 











No comments: