Wednesday, August 31, 2022

End of August

Well it’s been an unusual August. I haven’t had such relaxation since adolescence or Saipan.  I so enjoyed tanning.  Actually lying on lawn chairs in the sun ‘soaking up the rays’. It was spectacular after the damp and cold and darkness of winter and fear of Covid. I so felt the sun was replenishing and healing .I felt in Europe my soul was uplifted with the great works of art and the old country history but this August my body was healed. I worked. I walked the dog. Weekends more walks and sun tanning. I’m bronzed brown. 
I also gave time to my healing my back.  Months of suffering pain stoically then actually taking action.  Minos Antonious took the X-ray that confirmed the old fracture and that it was indeed safe for chiropractics.  Lydia Watertown reviewed it and reassured me I really needed stretches. I have to change my couch and chair.  But most seeing Dr. Ready at the Klein Clinic gave me hope, each adjustment making my back less painful and more flexible. I began doing tai chi in the kitchen again.  I even danced in the living room.  August was my month of healing.
I loved the Pride Parade, dressing as Amber and enjoying the anonymity and freedom. A lightness of being au femme.  Girl’s just want to have fun.  I reflect on a lifetime of fighting the corrupt authorities to do the right thing.  It was also something to be 25 years clean and sober in June.  Turning 70 years old in spring was a major milestone.  Virtual work and continued ‘suiting up and showing up’ was good. I enjoyed saving and felt that work I was contributing but no longer demanded perfection of myself. Mostly I did psyvhopharmacology and helped out.  I was part of a loose network and was satisfied with ‘spiritual progress’ for myself and others.  I prayed a lot, daily, hourly. I meditated too.
I barbecued.
My new Weber is a joy. the back yard barbecue , it’s name, fell off the table and broke a leg. It was repairable but I enjoyed the excuse to replace it. I love the Weber. I’ve had them before.  
Kelvin from Travco replaced my waterheater and the shower drain repairing the leak.  My awning is off and being replaced.  Maintenance. Lots of things that were just not done during covid. I got by. I survived, 
I loved the two cleaning ladies coming for the day and then returning next month.  
I had my hair coloured at Chaterers by Sharon and had my nails done at Professional Nails.  I love the comedian doing an imitation of the Vietnamese nail ladies.
It’s been a good summer,
I enjoyed meetings with George.  Loved talking with Dean. Loved hear Hugh and so many other fellows.  
Laura was house sitting all August. We kept in touch on Signal and facebook. Now we’re off for a week of bow hunting in the Caribou with Madigan who had matured. He’s not so much the crazy puppy. He does better when I take him to Docside or Royal Columbia. He sleeps here when I’m on the phone or computers doing work and has taken to sleeping in the clinic when I’m talking to patients there,
It’s been an immensely good summer. I just met Pierre Poilievre and hope he ‘ll be the next prime minister. The Media continues to lie and be more propaganda than truth but I get moments of hope.  International intrigue waxes and wanes with globalists and patriots.  Roe vs Wade was cancelled and Big Brother and Big Sister were forced to deal with their community not the intellectual idealism of adolescence.  Its still herding cats.  I’m so often surprised that the whole illusion remains, the order seems to withstand the chãos. War in the Ukraine against Russia, Chinese built up in Taiwan.  War and rumours of war. The industrial military complex and all the fuel and metal going into destruction. Meanwhile we’ve paper straws wrapped in plastic.  But thankfully the Mars and Moon expeditions progress.

I’m moderately happy. Someways the deep sadness rears it’s head.  I’ve had such moments of despair this last year but now I seem to be able to cope better. Listening to the patients anxiety and depression and intransigence.  Learned helplessness and incomprehensible demoralization and lives of quiet desperation. I try to be optimistic but the seething anger and frustration is peircing.  So many lies by government and media.  So much trauma. Prolonged lockdowns for political control and abuse and death and mismanagement on a huge scale.  The increasing censorship and middle class truckers attacked by martial law for a peaceful demonstration while aggressive left wing terrorists and globalists are embraced by the ridiculous PM. I don’t even say his name without getting nauseous. Creepy slimy little psychopath. Betrayal and corruption.  I’m so disheartened by central government and the communist take over of once free society.  I was so depressed by the phony election and the scab voter influx.  Selling off the country to cronies.

Oh well the fact is I forced myself to think of my health and to avoid thinking of the world stage. I felt fragile and began taking it easy. I ate well. I didn’t exercise enough. I may have lost weight. I stopped the gain of covid.  I read lots of novels and surprisingly kept up with continuing educations. 

I have managed,  I’m 5 years past retirement and enjoying working. I imagine another year or two. The big event is this planned Yuma trip this fall. A month in the sun working 30 hours a week to pay for it. But having dry heat to heal my lungs and joints. I was scared when I couldn’t breathe after India. I felt like I’d been in the scuba diving accident when I ran out of air.  It was a wake up call.  I have felt so much better with the sunshine this summer. I need more. I fear my lungs and body couldn’t tolerated another winter as well as work. January and February were so depressing and sickening.  I’m thinking my own health and caring for myself rather than putting my health last.  I recognize that I’m old and could live to be a hundred and can work another decade if I pace myself.  I have to do this .  
I reduced the storage locker giving all the excess furniture to the god kids.  I’ve stayed in touch with my nephews.  I share and gift. I’m still a positive force. I don’t want to be a burden or need. I want to give and care.

I’ve grieved George, John, and Vivian.  Deaths accumulate.  The old die and there are not so many new to replace them.  Even Misha died and these are surprises.  Lights going out and it’s my job to make more room and add lights to fill those spaces. I’ve not during covid. I ‘ve sat in the gloom too many nights .  I’ve cried so long for the loss of friends.

I attend a couple of meetings and enjoy the men on Wednesday , the doctors on Friday and Sunday.  I didn’t make it to church much.  I am a winter Christian.  I enjoyed going to church in Seattle when I had the amber weekend and enjoyed all the walking and sightseeing in that city I’ve so often visited,

This month I’ve tickets with Laura to the VSO with Canada’s astronaut Colonel Hadfield. 

August has been a good month .  I’ve ridden the Vespa mostly but had the Harley out for a few rides.  Madigan is up to doing an hour as a passenger and really enjoying being a biker dog. I’ve progressed on the book about dogs in my life.  I’ve continued to blog and make progress on books.  I continue to have adventures and think that’s better than the charting.  I blog.  That’s good.  I’m writing. I haven’t played guitar as much as I’d like but there’s not enough time in the day.  Too many Netflix movies and western books.  Life is good.  I really am blessed, God is good all of the time.  





















No comments: