Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Home reflections

Home is a feeling but it’s tied to a place.  I’m here now. I feel safe in my home.  It’s known. It’s temporary.  Life is ephemeral.  My dog Madigan is here with me. I’m still struggling with Frazerway RV.  I have sent an email  to James Epp. He’s not returned the call.  
There I wrote a letter and will send it registered mail.  I looked up Better Business Bureau complaints and they’re the same kind. Bullying, covert aggression, gas lighting communication.  I wonder if it’s Dianna Smith or the company policy.  She does sound impaired or sociopathic. It’s hard to distinguish. Laura says she repeats herself.  She could be on psychiatric medication or cannabis.  I loved that our insurance agent described her communication style in the same way.  The complaints on Better Business Bureau refer to the same absurdities that we’ve been facing. 
Well. I was meditating this morning and that entered my mind.  I’ve taken action.  
It started to be a sunny hot day like yesterday but there’s overcast and it’s chilly.
I woke at 530 am and decided to get up to Madigan’s delight.  I really had appealing dreams. Surprising as I’ve been watching Stranger Things episodes.  
Laura is coming over on the weekend.  Staycations.  She says coming here is liking a holiday. She’s living in downtown Vancouver.  I feel a bit ‘bored’ with my existence but that’s really okay.  I most enjoyed this week lying outside on the lawn chair in the really hot sun. I have some tan.  It’s not the beach but frankly I like my back yard and access to all my ‘stuff’.  If I was away I wouldn’t have as much ‘stuff’ to play with.  
There’s so much I could do but I’m coasting.  I walk Madigan. I go for hot tubs and swims. I’m reading a lot.  I feel I should be writing books and yet I don’t do that. The most I’ve been able to do as a project is the reading and copying of St. John. I doing in depth learning. 
I don’t really know what I’ll do when I grow up,
I have the storage locker to sort.
I was sorry my friend Anne was sick. I’m hoping she gets over her flu or covid soon.  
We’re older.  We’ve passed a lot of the milestones for illness and the future is bright. Yet there’s that sense of egg shells as more friends die and we learn of the ages of our celebrities.  Arlo Guthrie 75. Bob Dylan 80.  The list goes on. Even the best of us are looking older.  I feel I exude less energy. There’s a paleness.  Yet I figure I’ll live to be 100. It’s a terrible thought that I’ll one day outlive Madigan like I did Gilbert. Stuart and Shinto.
He’s beside me chewing on a purple dragon toy. 
The nephews and friends children are all growing.  I am surprised when I think of yesterday and how often it’s only that in my mind. In reality it’s years past.  Increasingly I’m collapsing the time of the past and don’t really know when major events took place according to years. I have to look up dates and then am surprised it was that long ago.  
I don’t know how long I’ve been here. Before this fifth wheel I had and RV. My brother’s sickness and death were pivotal.  Closing of my practice was too.  Yet it’s somewhere in the last 5 to 10 years. I feel I need to make a timeline.  
I’m enjoying reading.
Monkey pox and Pride seem omninous.  
I’m isolating a bit for safety, not liking the road rage, feeling safe here and not wanting to go out there. That explorer adventurer aspect is watered down. It may be another year of waiting for the rebound after Covid. Continued corruption with the Liberals and Ottawa Continues threat of communist infiltration and take over.  There’s even threat of nuclear war again.  My response is to stay home.  Funny that. If I want insaniety I can switch on the news.  
Meanwhile I”m enjoying being here.  I like skirts. Last weekend I was interested again in perfumes and colognes.  
I was looking at the hunting guide and didn’t have much interest in hunting or fishing for that matter.  Last year I wasn’t that interested in riding my Harley. This year I’m loving it again.  Not having the camper has disrupted my summer routine. I’m still remembering Europe.  
No new desire has arisen.  I don’t have any drive to do more than what I’m doing. The idea of reading in my back yard on a lawn chair in the sun is simply heavenly.  
Another day of work.  Not too difficult.  I need to do a lot more work on myself, my character defects often astonish me, they’re so recurring.  My fear and anger are still there. My frustration with government is still the same. I need to forgive and forget and trust God more.  
Thank you Jesus for another day.  
Thank you for all the blessings. 
Thank you for sobriety
Thank you.











No comments: