Saturday, July 16, 2022

Changing

I am happy now.  All I want is here. I do consider the future, dream, maybe. Imagine living to a hundred. I like the idea of travelling about the US and Canada with my RV. I’ve taken dad’s advise and gone fifth wheel. He didn’t like losing his vehicle with his bus needed repair. Bad enough losing your home.  So I’ve got a truck and fifth wheel toyhauler. The truth is I haven’t as much interest in hunting or wilderness.  I’m happy in the campground with neighbours.  I’m becoming more civilized with age and enjoying folk in retirement. I’m walking the dog and meeting other dog walkers.  
I was looking at the 32 foot Forest River Palomino Columbus. If I could I’d trade this 40 foot toyhauler for that today. Alternatively I’d learn how to pull this big rig. I’m fully satisfied with it but can’t imagine hauling it about and trying to get it in campgrounds.  
I’m planning on working at very least  another year though I’d like to do a work-ation in the south for a month or two . I could go down and leave my unit south in the best of all worlds and come back. If my camper is ready then I’d take that and leave this.  It’s a thousand dollars storing this here for the month when hauling it south and back would be less on one hand but increase danger on the other hand .  I love that I have all I need here but don’t want to be carrying guns and motorcycles. I only need a smaller unit for travel and figure my Vespa does all I want.  So a 32 foot unit would be fine. I lose a garage and bathroom.  Laura is a big bathroom fan but has no problem stepping in and out if I need it. We’ve lived with one bathroom. I like to think of being with her.  The whole RV travel I imagine with her.  On the other hand I imagine it as a commo clad survivalist guy or an en femme Amber.  With Laura it’s easy to be an older couple doing the RV retirement life.  I guess in some way I’m following in Mom and Dad’s steps. They loved it. I’ve followed my Dad a lot.  For one so rebellious in many way I’ve seen the merit in so many of his choices.  Downsizing is a n idea.  Selling the boat seems like a way to go. Selling lots.  I’m still working and there’s not a lot of benefit selling with taxes. 
I’m not ready to travel much either. I imagine returning to Italy and seeing Venice. I want to go back to Ireland.  I would like to go to Brazil, Chile Argentina. I’d like to go to Thailand.  There’s a bucket list for a guy who wasn’t that interested in flying much. I’m happy in my RV home.  Yet if I was having to pack up and travel and back up and park night after night this is just too big a machine.  A 32 foot would be much easier for that.  I have to train and practice and would no doubt become skilled as I was with the yacht. 

This is the way my mind goes round and round.  Last year I was thinking of trading in the Electroglie Harley for a smaller lighter fat boy.  

Laura wants to go to Costco.  I’ve defrosted the fridge again hoping to stop the little leak. Kelvin thought the thermostat wasn’t responding properly so suggested a second defrot.  Now I can fill my fridge again.  

Madigan has been happy with me making us all Canadian Back Bacon.  Laura broke off little bits and hand fed him. He’s spoiled.  We are blessed. 






No comments: