Monday, July 18, 2022

A pleasant weekend

It was a pleasant weekend.  Laura arrived to the joy of Madigan. He totally monopolizes her the whole time she’s here. The first day is the worst.  Laura is tired after a week of work and Madigan is all over her, trying to hump her while trying to cuddle.  
My only event for the weekend was to thaw and clean my fridge.  And restock it. The fridge isn’t leaking today. Kelvin at Travelco was right , the thermostat was stuck and leaving it off for a couple of hours let it thaw and free up.  Costco was our great event.  I posted pictures on Facebook of our ‘expensive romantic date’.  I barbecued all weekend. It rained mostly.  I did get a hot tub.  We did walk the dog. Mostly we read on the couch and in the evening watched PBS.  
Friday when Laura arrived I gave her the LancĂ´me La Vie est Belle perfume and she reminded me I’d bought that for her in Milan.  Then the Trejor whas what she wore at the office. I laughed because I just liked the scent of them. Obviously it was because they smelled of Laura.  
Saturday was the Costco day.  It’s funny that a shopping trip is the day’s outing.  It’s like retired people. I’m aware of how I don’t like to leave home if I don’t have to and that I’m as likely to call a shopping trip an ‘outing’. It’s the effects of Covid.  I used to have multiple events a day and be busy with activities all weekend. Now I’m fairly conventional and routine.  I do like my sofa , I pad for reading and tv.  
Laura loves PBS so we watched then end of one mini series and have begun another.  Madigan is always in between us.  He loves dinner with his share of chicken or steak.  Spoiled little pup.  We call him squirmy because he won’t sit still. 
We did book a week for bow hunting in Clinton.  To get accommodation post Covid requires booking months ahead. We were just lucky to get a place at Harrison when we booked a couple of weeks ahead.  I’m still hoping to snowbird this year but waiting to hear from Frazerway RV who’ve had the defective camper they sold us waiting insurance repairs since last October.  We were expecting to be camping this summer but Laura doesn’t want to tent. She’s house sitting in August so Madigan and I might head out with the tent for a weekend.  Motorcycle camping would be fun. The next step in his training is to drive out to Chilliwack with him in his box to build up his tolerance for longer rides.
I’m praying.  I ‘m always thanking God and looking for direction asking for help.  









No comments: