Sunday, July 24, 2022

War, Non violence, Christianity, Buddhism, Forgiveness and Revenge

C.S. Lewis the great Christian theologian gave talks to the Allied Troops during WWII.  The Nazi were the aggressor.  As today Xi Jinping continues his genocide in Tibet, invaded India and Hong Kong and threatens invasion of Taiwan, so Hitler invaded Austria.  C.S. Lewis summarized his understanding of Christianity in his talks which later were the basis of his book, “mere Christianity”.
The disciples were armed. All fishermen carry knives. Short swords were commonly carried for protection in an age of wilderness and wild where women and children needed protection.  The conqueror Roman army outlawed long swords.  Just as today commercial fisherman carry guns and the state outlaws the personal use of military hardware.  
If a man is going to attack me to kill me, my letting him when I could stop it, would be suicidal.  Suicide and homicide in Christianity are unnecessarytaking lives and each an error. If I defend myself and kill the aggressor then not only have I not committed a sin myself, murder is not self defence, I have also saved the man from being a murderer.  He has died and his sin is reduced by my living.  Life is sacred.  
The Bugghists commonly warred against their neighbours in the past.  Non violence was a political action. Mennonites and Quakers are living a life of non violence yet their existence depends on the protection of others. Just as commonly women and children have been non violent because of the protection of their men.  Even today Canadians can talk all manner of nonsense but American and before American Britain protects it from invasion. There is a concept of ‘proxy violence’ and women like some countries and political groups have been happy to allow others to fight their wars while they accrue the gains.  
Christians believe in forgiveness but not at the time of attack.  While there is a threat and they are under attack their obligation and duty is defence.  When their enemy is no longer a threat they are by scripture to forgive him.  By contrast the laws of vengeance and retaliation as the Jews and Celts and Romans and most tribal societies taught, an eye for an eye.  If you killed my family member I killed yours. Wars and feuds have gone on for generations because of the laws of vengeance.  Forgiveness involved leaving the justice to God.  Divine retribution and Karma would prevail.  Give them time. It is not the individuals ‘job’ despite the propaganda of the uncivilized Hollywood who like most mass media appeals to the basest nature of man.
I see couples whose children are grown and they still don’t forgive the ex yet they truly believe they are loving and forgiving.  
I don’t know Justin Trudeau but his policy and plans are hurting me and I would gladly see him gone so I could forgive him. I believe I should ‘love’ my enemy. To this end I use every means I have to protect myself from the aggression of Trudeau and to teach him in every possible way the errors of his ways. But I ‘d like him gone. I don’t know him. I’m limited to the spin of various media.  I know his words. I’ve read his own speeches and heard his cabal speak of him.  He still scares me and threatens my existence. So I’m struggling to ‘love’ him though I know that will come when his violence is stoppped.  Obviously an election with a new leader would be ideal .  
War is the end of diplomacy.  We can argue and extort and verbally abuse and even push and shove before we become deadly and take a life in the fight.  
The Muslims didn’t exist in 1200.  All of the Middle East was Zoroastrian, Jewish, Christian and Pagan.  The Crusades were a defensive series of battles aimed at stopping the further invasion of the Muslim hoards as well as freeing people enslaved by their attacks. It was no different from D Day and the Nazi.  Lying is a form of aggression,  Today the Middle East is dominated by Muslim tyranny like the Aetheist Communist tyranny of China.  The American Constitution and French Democracy are a different form of leadership and do not hearken by to the pre Magna Carta of divine leadership. Yet tyrants govern from the top down.
Jesus was a servant king. He washed the feet of his disciples. In a democracy the leadership are not tyrants like Trudeau who outright says he takes leadership from Straus the World Economic Forum, Xi Jinping’s World Health Organization and the Sharia Communism of the United Nations. None of these organizations he bows to are akin to NATO and other democratic institutions that believe in the ‘will of the people’ and ‘election by the people’.  There is humility in democracy and arrogance in dictatorship.  
One day I will forgive Trudeau. Not today.

No comments: