Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Yellowstone Park

I entered Yellowstone Park through the West Entrance.  I have been at least two other times. I've a spectacular picture of a moose which I got by chasing it down a stream and confronting it head on. I was younger then. There were elk wandering around but not the herds I'd seen on other trips.  I didn't see the herds of bison either.  But what I'd come for was the geysers. I really wanted to see Old Faithful.  I stopped at the first set of active geysers I saw from the road.  There was a walk way and I took pictures along with the other tourists. It's truly amazing having this water bubbling up and spurting out of the soil from some great depth below.  At the Lodge I learned that Old Faithful was to go off at 5:45 pm so I had about a half hour to get a salad and coffee. Then it was this incredible age old event with all these spectators and it was the same as when I was there in the 80's and 90's .  Amazing.
I drove on to the south entrance through the Teton forest. On the way I saw the Keppler Cascades, another falls  and these great lakes. Then it was mountain riding and as all places were taken I drove through till midnight when I found the Super8 in Dubois.

IMG 0619IMG 3409
IMG 0633IMG 0622
IMG 0623
IMG 0634
IMG 0638IMG 0641IMG 0645

IMG 0650IMG 3415
IMG 0664
IMG 0671
IMG 0677IMG 0681IMG 0679


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

really great pics

thanks