Thursday, August 6, 2026

Thor Hydraulic System and Life On the Lean

I am experiencing life on the lean an expression of sailing in tropical seas.  Today it’s the hydraulic jack system down and waiting for a new hydraulic motor. Nick from Traveland RV Mobile serviced who did a great job of fixing my slide came out and showed me how the jacks worked and how in a pinch I could bring them in manually.  He was a helpful when the slide didn’t come in. So much is elcetronic.  Right now there’s a slight lean forward but I’ve still got the slide out and I’m going to be able to make the Dam’s Ford appointment tomorrow.
It’s been a fine week. Laura was here Friday to Tuesday. Just good company and dog walking and swims in the pool.  I wass thankful on the weekend for my MD2 doctors recovery meeting on zoom Saturday morning then my chiropractic visit with Dr. Ready.  I missed church. My comment being I’m a summer pagan and winter Christian.  Despite the day of rain I enjoyed the sunny days walks about the park with Laura and Madigan. I also enjoyed riding the power assisted Trek Verve to the off leash dog parks and letting Madigan run free.  
I’ve had a lot of work and have been trying to keep up with the beaurocratic forms. A lot of disability forms and school forms.  The school year is starting in a month and these disability forms have to be in. I couldn’t book Carolyn and Ragina in at the office so they drop by at 630. Laura and Madigan headed into the bedroom while we all did the various school forms and disability accommodations for BCIT at the table. I was rewarded with a loaf of Carolyn, the little chef’s, incredible bread.  They were at Denman Island and I’m enjoying the Colour that the holiday week painting in the country brotugh to Regina’s paintings . I have a painting of hers and am grateful.
Laura left in her red smart car with Madigan barking his goodbyes and then Nick came and diagnosed the hydraulic problem I was so thankful it was electronic and not mechanical.  I ‘m praying instead of worrying which I fear manifests negatives but I’m still prone to catastrophizing about machines and repairs costs.  A long history of maintenance of the SV Giri so I could expedition on the ocean.  Now this Thor land barge is having it’s challenges but the vehicle is on warranty and each challenge has been discrete and addressed though the big slide problem solved over several days in the repair yards of Traveland was a trial.  I was able to work in their office in the day and stay in my home at night.  I feel like all of the demons are being expelled and look forward to some good road trips this year.

I’ve been hoping I can move out to the country by a lake for a couple of weeks and possible after the Friday Dam’s visit I’ll be able to look into what’s available.  I’m booked here till Sunday and will book another week so I can have a visit from the mobile service to have the pump replaced.  Today the propane guy is coming.  I’ll ask Merry Maids to come next week.  I feel busy.  Yet I’m muddling along.

It’s busy in the park.  Nick thinks it’s because of the wild fires in the north causing people to head south to camp.  Vernon has serious forest fires.  Years of ‘Climate Change’ lies and not addressed appropriately forest management or catching arson’s.  That’s begun again though Carney and the WEF have cut the forest fighting capacity while increasing the NWO agenda.  it’s infuriating to see all the money going to foreign affairs which is unaccountable and to causes which don’t align with my own concerns. I was upset that Carney celebrated Palestine when even Bill Clinton said they were just interested in killing Jews.  The Iran war continues and I keep hoping the regime falls so the Iranian people can be freed. I’d love the Ukraine war to end so that Russia is not pushed into the arms of Communiost China which is so belligerent. Their invasion of Taiwan was stopped by the attack on Venezuela and Iran curtailing oil supplies to China.  We are the richest of nations in natural resources but our government has tied up production and distribution with its own self serving policies for domestic votes.  I like that the Americans are standing up for their nation and against the globalism and tyranny and beurocratic Neo communism .

I read social media Facebook and X and catch some of the news but really don’t know what’s happening. My patients are collectively concerned about the inability to plan for the future and the high cost of living in Canada compared to other G7 nations.  The Islam immigration and failure of open borders continues to plague the west. I just can’t account for how it became a think. We have 2 million immigrants who have been rejected and are waiting to be deported but they can’t be found.  We’re only 40 million people I just keep feeling that if I was as inept as our federal government is costing as much as it does I’d be out of work. I’m mostly doing diagnosis and psychopharmacology so with the shortage of mental health resources and the need for appropriate medications I seem to be muddling through. I’m most pleased when some on gets off drugs and alcohol and turns their lives around.

I was pleased to be at peace enough to look up a tree, the sweet gum tree and a hedge, the white cedar hedge. I remember Scotty saying years back to get out of my head and ‘get a flower book and learn the names of flowers on the way to the meetings rather than rehashing resentments.” I did and I’m still curious about what’s outside and am thankful I regained that interest in biology I’d lost during my last divorce dealing wither her and the chaos then and all the nefarious behaviour.  It was such a terrible time and today I ‘m alive and blessed and still interested in biology.  

I was at my men’s meeting. Burnaby Fellowship and glad to see George. We gave him his cake and medallions last week and met his friend who won the intnerations awards for singing harmony.  I enjoyed seeing Neil and Dan.  Ward was there celebrating his 10 year  and I got a picture of George with his 50 yo of abstinence.

I’m thankful.  Really very grateful.  Thank you Jesus for all your blessings and your sacrifice.

Thank you God.!






No comments: