Sunday, August 30, 2026

Moonshadow RV Park, Merritt, BC

I am so excited!!! I’m here in Merritt at the Moonshadow RV Park.  I left Burnaby Cariboo RV Park at 830 am.  Laura had left a half hour before after we spent a lovely weekend ‘hanging out’.  Nick from Traveland Mobile RV Service had installed the new jack pump on Friday. We were good to go.  I had booked in till Sunday morning so Laura drove over in her little red Smart car.  She made Madigan’s day. He loves her. I agree. She’s really good company.
I am able to work virtual but she has to work in a medical office so can’t get away.  
I’m a virtual consultant with Star Link, Mac Book Pro, and Doxy.me medical legal zoom software.  It only took me a half hour to stow and break camp, maybe an hour altogether with attaching the Excali-bar hitch H&E hitch installed so I could dinghy tow the jeep. Each time I set up and take down I get better at it.
I stopped once for gas at Hope.  
The Coquahalla is a wonderful highway. It’s cuts two hours off the previous route.  I’ve just had a few exciting times on the Coquahalla so I don’t approach the road with the love it deserves.  Once the engine on my truck went into to slow home mode and that meant a very long drive home. Another time I was coming home on my motorcycle and the brake fell off.  I’ve also come down on the motorcycle with an early snow.  The scary time was towing the 26 foot RV when the cross winds were horrendous.  This time everything was perfect.  I kept the motorhome at 80 to 90 and accepted 60 km/hr with the big trucks in the far right lane coming up one steep hill. I watched the dashboard and didn’t have the rev’s too high or overheat it.  It’s a motorcoach not a motorcycle. I was towing the Jeep Wrangler too. A train and a load. It all went well.
The scenery with the class A motorcoach windshield was magnificent. Mountains and pines and spruce.  Rushing river.  A drizzle but not too bad.  
I prayed. I’ve got my own version of St. Patrick’s Breastplate Prayer. Please God protect the Thor for mechanical and electrical and hydraulic demons.   Protect the engine and tires.  Protect Madigan and I from all dangers.  That and the Desesert Father’s Prayer served us well.
I was so excited to see the Moonshadow office. We had such a wonderful call booking a place on Friday.  Now I was here. They were so welcoming and so helpful. It’s almost home. I drove by the site then circled back and round and was in the drive through.  Home sweet home!!!  I love landing. Landing my motorhome for me is like docking my ship and I imagine what’s landing a plane must be like.  I love it. I’m here for 2 weeks. 
I’d arrived before noon so the trip only took a little over 3 hours.  My map sad ithe distance was 253 Km and would take 2 hours and 45 minutes. .
Now I’m here. So happy!
Getting all set up with jacks down, slide out, water lines and electricity and sewers jeep unhitched and Starlink set up with barbecue out on the picnic table - only took me an hour.  I’ve even walked Madigan along the incredibly scenic rushing river.  I love it.  Madigan is very pleased. He handled the trip in the motorhome quite well getting more relaxed each trip.  I’m very happy.  Time to take the Jeep for a ride.  

Thank you God. Thank you Jesus!!!













No comments: