Last week I arrived a half hour late thinking of church time at 10:30 the traditional Anglican arrangement but St. Barnabus is 10 because the United Church follows our service at 11. This week I left my iPhone plugged in beside the bed and with it my identification and cards. Despite the discussion of faith I was glad to go home and find my phone. Materialism and where is my ‘God’. Madigan was with me and a delight enjoying Rev. Mathew’s voice and sleeping through the sermon. He gets an excited a block from church looking forward to his visit there and no doubt remembering Fritz.
Back home I barbecued Choices burghers and really enjoyed them. Then I returned to reading a Fairfax western and napping on the couch. An hour or so later I got up and quite surprisingly did the Brunette Lake walk. It’s an hour and twice as long as the Brunette River walk which I do more frequently. I pray as I walk. It’s tiring. I am often blessed with lots of birds. When Laura has been with me I’ve been able to leave Madigan with her and walk further to the pier where the ducks and geese congregate.
Today I was pleased to see a Heron in the river by Cariboo road. I also liked learning that the red berry brush is Rowan, or aspen. It’s not good for Humana’s unless cooked by birds like it. I had another nap when I returned my body feeling the walk for sure. I am thankful for the exercise and capacity giving it has taken a lot of work to regain mobility after my last injury.
Thank you Jesus.

No comments:
Post a Comment