Saturday, August 22, 2026

Summer in the city, Burnaby

I woke up late but made it to my meeting.  I made coffee.  Shared gratitude. 
Right after I walked Madigan on the longer Brunette Lake . There was threat of rain but only a few drops. Again there are kayakers on the lake. 
I had granola and milk and a banana after that. 
I lay down on the couch and looked at FB.  The Liberal PM who mentored Trudeau continues to move us away from the US and closer to communist China. As a banker he’s trying to create a new global currency tied to carbon. He gave away Canada’s gold assets when he was bank governor here. They seem to be selling off Canada cheap . The Chinese got the Gold mine.  Brookfields is tied to assets being given to foreign affairs.  It all reads of corruption. Liberals since Pierre have been all about cronyism. At least Chretien’s cronies were in Quebec.  Now it’s UAE and old European billionaires.  King Charles now has his fingers in the pie and it all ties to the scientifically debauched climate change hysteria.  
I don’t like it. I don’t like the loss of freedom of speech, the rising cost of living.  The cost of groceries are three times what they were. I live pay cheque to pay cheque paying the loans for car and motorhome.
But I live well. It’s a good life. Government hours and weekends. I like having Friday off for errands.
Today I drove to the Storage Locker. I wanted to check if I could still use my Excalibur cross bow. If Icouldn’t I’d give it away as hunting season opens in weeks. Last year it caused painful back strain trying to notch an arrow.  This year it was fine. So I’m keeping it. Now I’m hoping that my jack pump for the Thor can be fixed this week and I can go north for the first week of Sept and bow hunt. I’d like to go to Merritt and take in the rodeo in the evening too.  Alternatively I could try out the RV park at Rivers Edge in Princeton where Laura and I may go the first week of October when we normally go to Clinton.  
I also brought home my Martin full sized guitar and my 30:06 rifle.  I’m planning on shooting grouse with the 22 and so I only need the rifle for deer. I’m good for hunting season. Normally I’d have a 20 guage but I’m trying to minimize. I want to target practice more. I’m a little slack brained and the effort will improve my presence.  
I’m very thankful.  

On way back stopped at the off leash dog park and Madigan played with Corgees and poodles. 

Today I had salmon fish cake and Choices salad for lunch. After I returned to reading a Fairfax western novel of Nate , gunman and trailbox.  I fell asleep on the couch. Madigan’s offensive barking woke me and he wanted me to throw the toy for him. I got up and walked him around the park. He pooped.  I feel better. Now I”m going to lie down and read some more.

I don’t do much in the evening. Mostly watch detective series. I’ve been watching Seal Team and Strange New Worlds too.  Evening tv and snacking.  Bed at 1030 or 11.  Tomorrow church.  Not a great deal of demand though I’m pretty burnt out at work and looking forward to some time in he woods praying and walking and being away from homes and cellphones.

I’m due to go to Apple and look at renewing my cell phone and ipad.  Maybe tomorrow. Lots of young kids in the park with little people bicycles.  I watch them go by on my big screen window.  I’m looking forward to being on the road.  Thank you Jesus.











No comments: