Madigan and I went to the terrific Corner Cafe for breakfast. Perfect traditional breakfast with eggs and sausages and hash browns.
Now I’m in Ford lounge.
Met a wonderful couple who have dogs and petted Madigan for an hour together.
We had a wonderful conversation about vehicles and trips and dogs until the man asked if I wasn’t afraid to take my Thor down to the states. CBC and the Liberals have bee saying the Americans don’t like us
Meanwhile Carneys only invests in the US, his wife and children live there and his children go to the US Colleges.
I took the bait and explained that I was anti communist, loved the US and loved the Americans and didn’t like the Canadian propaganda against them
So there I was engaged in ‘debate’ opinion and I could have just said all the praise without criticism of Canadian propaganda and lies. Then I said there was such spread, In Canada the news is we all hate the staters where as I know Polish and Venezuelans who love the Americans and that upsets me because I was quoting hearsay infor when I really want to talk from first person. This is what I know. In retrospect I should just shut up and don’t feel the need to be the ‘sherif’ for the ‘truth’. Just opinions
Meanwhile Madigan is now the sheriff of the room and has backed at the two latest people coming into the lounge.
99% of patients were great this week and I’m still thinking back to the patient who was clearly trying to make a case against me so she could get out of working as the insurance folk have said she’ll be cut off if she doesn’t return to work and she’s okay. In fact she reminds me of those people I saw in past who were off work but had other jobs on the side and thought themselves clever rather than accepting themselves as sociopathic. I just don’t like rubber stamping bullshit while at the same time I’m commonly defending patients and the ‘underdog’.
Maybe now that I’m old and relatively poor compared to all those who worked government or had big pensions or just thought about money . I don’t like the character defect of ‘envy’
I’m facing all my characters defects - Sloth and gluttony _ I don’t exercise enough. . Lust - I look but sloth and gluttony interfere with my actually bothering anyone. I rarely masturbate or have sex any more either. Then there’s anger and I have to resist the fear and anger. I tend towards resentments and caught myself thinking about a resentment from 30 -40 years ago aned the person is dead now. Then there’s pride of course and I may not be much but I’m all I think about so that’s been the drop the rock story. Back to ‘getter you head in teh same room as your ass’.
I don’t have social interactions much without regretting something I said. I’m an outsider. I need to improve the skill of chit chat. Superficial and pleasant. Be kind bill.
I think that’s what I like about girls as they are more likely to converse as massage versus men’s tendency to spar. I would rather spend time with the dog.
They’ve got the Thor almost fixed and I’ve asked them to replace both batteries because they seemed okay and yet the voltage wasn’t charging the same and I really like good batteries especially after sailing back from Hawaii with Tom not getting new batteries but delighting in saving and trying to keep the old one working. Now I’ll have new batteries.
The A/C part they need will be here next week so I can come back and have it done then or in Sept. I’m just delighted that I’ll be done her in the hour. We’re becoming tired. Madigan is napping. I’ll go back to reading the Sherpur. Love Dam’s for their big truck and bus repairs and it really is a nice lounge.
.

No comments:
Post a Comment