Friday, August 21, 2026

Pleasant Friday, Burnaby,

I had a pleasant day. It was a good night.  Dreams of home.  Madigan cuddling up to my back through the night. Prayers in the morning. Meditation.  I actually exercised and stretched then walked Madigan twice around the park.  I think he pooped eventually.  Prayed , our father, serenity prayer. Dessert father prayer,  not for Madigan to poop. Just praying as I walked. Then gratitude.
Then I swam. 10 length. Sat in hot tub. Prayed and gave thanks.
Back at the Thor I had granola.  I’m reading a Louis L’Amour western.  Began the legal letter i have to complete this week. 
Pushed myself to keep going.  Had a plan to get a check from the office and deposit it.  
Wanted to load my truck. Had the idea that I’d drive over to Stanley Park and bike the sea wall.  At the clinic I realized I’d left my bike helmet.  Worry when I’m downtown about thieves.  It’s seems the city to me is a place of theft and crime.  
Bought another key and lock and had one copied for trailer.. Stopped at Bosley and bought Madigan Go chicken. He came with me into the clinic too and then into the locksmith and now he was in his dog food store. Good day for a dog.
I drove past my turnoff to Surrey International Shootting Supplies.  I enjoyed talked with the salesman. I knew his name once. He’s retired. Was a paramedic for years, has kids in Marines and in US and in Canada. Good guy. I bought ta PPQ air pistol. 400fs semi auto pellet gun. I’ve had this anxiety about snakes in Arizona walking Madigan. Now I have a deterrrent.  Progress.  Only $200.
Back to Burnaby I drove to my bank.  Deposited cheque and ordered new cheques for me.  Found out I’d confused Nova Scotia Cheques with TD cheques so go that sorted out. 
I stopped at the post office and picked up the Amazon buy’s , some wholesome Caesar, Myrr, my two new desk clocks.  I realized I’m running late because I don’t have visible time. Working into my noon hours and late in the day. Short changing myself.  
At he off leash dog park Madigan met a 10 yo husky .  Blue eyes. Nice visit.  Bettter than meeting the bear a couple of days ago.
Patient who had been abusing zopiclone phoning and I dealt with it twice.  Concern she’s diverting. Don’t like the deceit and manipulation.
I’m progressing.
Back at the Thor I unloaded bike again. I’m getting better at it.When the bike is on the rack the back up camera isn’t as good so I plan to take the bike off except travelling. I’ll also take the rack off when I’m settled. I used the Keyes for the rack attack for the first time. 

I’ve been looking at IPhone and IPad adds figuring that’s the next upgrade. I enjoy trips to Apple Store.

Right now I’m thankful for every thing and the day.  I’m pleased with the Walther PPQ air gun and the clocks.  It’s been a full day of errands with a couple of patients.  I spoke with Patrick Meyers and am glad he’ll get involved with the couple I’m referring.  

People ask me about retiring and I’m still enjoying work and getting these routine’s down. I’m outfitted finally the way I am happy. The Thor is a home. I have the hitch and love the Jeep. The Trek e-bike is terrific.  

Bow hunting season opens in a week. I had problems drawing my cross bow with my back. I may check that out this weekend to see if it’s doable.  If not , I may skip bow hunt and wait for Laura and I to go out on our 2 week hunt. I’ve been thinking too that I’d just as soon go to Princeton which Laura likes avoiding the long drive to Clinton. I’m waiting till the jack motor is replaced.Hopefully next week.  I was hoping to head up to Merritt so I could have a week there , go bow hunting but mostly I thought I’d enjoy the rodeo. I’d keep working just have a different scenery at lunch and evening.  I’d wanted to go to a lake and swim but frankly I’ve been really enjoying being here.  

Laura is housing sitting for her sister taking care of the cat while they’re on holiday with Molly the dog.

Madigan is a great companion.  Victor is continuing to try to sell the Vespa.  My camper is back at Henry’s and I plan to go out there to clean it out for winter and sale.  I’m so glad I’ve paid off the repairs for the camper.  It’s been a whole spring of vehicles and outfitting and repairs. I’m looking forward to heading south for winter but again I’m enjoying life..  Meeting in the morning and church on Sunday.  Enjoying Burnaby men’s more with two cakes last week. Thank God I’m sober. 

Thank you Jesus 









No comments: