Last night he was up a few times in the night. His “game’ is to growl at me till I tell him to come up on the bed. Then he jumps up on the bed and over me and on Laura. It’s the night dog. He jumps off and jumps on at the end himself but this waking me to ‘give him permission’ is just entertainment
I’m excited about heading out tomorrow for a couple of weeks. I’m booked in Merritt. Kamloops Fire Services says that the backroads are open around Merritt and bans have been lifted. So I’m excited. Confirmed my reservation from tomorrow August 30 to Sept 13 with Bow Hunting season starting Sept 1.
The Nicola Valley Rodeo is happening on the weekend Sept. 4 to 6 with main events 4 pm. There a couple of dances Friday and Saturday at 8 pm. Right now I think I will go bow hunting in the morning and catch the rodeo in the afternoon,. What’s fun.
I’m excited about the preparation and trip., 2 1/2 hour drive up Coquahalla. I’ll leave here Sunday morning hopefully by 10. I have to load my bike to my Jeep. Then I have to take in the slide on the Thor and lower the jacks. Then I’ll be able to store the sewer hose and water hose and line. I have to stow inside before I close the slide. Last times I did that to take the Thor to Dam’s Ford I had it down to a half hour. So I figure I’m at the point of taking an hour to get ready. I wake at 7 and Laura is going to head out then I’ll get ready.
It’s all very exciting to do these expeditions . I have anxiety since it’s a time since I’ve moved. I’m thankful for the Dam’s event since it’s trained me. Last away was Harrison in spring. 2 weeks in the North will be a joy. L’m reserved here for returning on the Sunday 13th.
I’m due for the UBC virtual conference on Sept 18 and that’s the DAm’s HVAC compressor part installation. I’ll be listening to he UBC conference while they work on the THor. Then on the Sunday I have a rifle compensation return and am looking forward to that.
Tomorrow I pay taxes and hope the new bank deirect deposit system is working and I’ll have money sorted while I’m away. I’ve been very thankful that I’ve been able to squeeze by with all payments this past month. I am hoping it will ease up
I had my health care MD2 redcovery meeting this morning and shared that I’d been praying for vehicles and engines parts to be safe from demons like a modern St. Patricks Protection prayer. I’m really hopeful
I enjoyed my Thursday trip to MEC where I bought some Solomon light weights hiking boots, a grey MEC light fall jacket and a green Osprey day pack.
Lasers and I enjoyed a White Spot. She had the Legendary burger and Madigan and had his burger patty adn I had scrumptious fish and chips. At night I barbecued cheddar smokies in the fresh cobs buns. Today we’ve had Choices quiche this morning. Tonight I’ve got steaks to barbecue. We watched Blue Bloods and will likely watch that again.
Towing the Jeep with the Excalibur hitch and the Trax e-bike on the carrier is the change . The Coquahalla has been windy in the past. I was frightened coming down with a trailer one time worried I’d be lifted off the road. I’ll stick to 80 km and won’t overheat he engine. All these challenges. I feel so good after I do something but enjoy reading on the couch. I’ve caught up with my work and will be working despite being in Merrit. The pleasure fo having Star Link, the Doxy.me medical zoom , and Apple iPhone with a robust Telus package.
The sun has come up but it’s cool like fall is already here. I hope to get a swim in a latke too. So exciting.
Laura and I are off for a 2 week hunt beginning of October in the Princeton area. Then I’m headed south for Palm Springs early December with Laura flying down for a few weeks. Then it’s Yuma and Algadones and Fountan of Youth again. I am looking forward to that though it’s a tedious long distance drive.with 2200 km to go and 3-4 hour daily drives.
All is well.,
I’m praying all the time. I won’t be able to get to church or the WCDIR meeting but I might get a meeting in Merritt.
So thankful. It’s been a steady plan that coming to fruition with success. I’m so thankful
Thank you God for all your blessings. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:
Post a Comment