Friday, August 28, 2026

Burnaby Cariboo, Friday, New boots

I’m very grateful for the day. I had interesting dreams. A new water inlet in Manitoba.  Maybe it’s the Churchill port. I just found myself there with a room and a pleasant man to talk to. There were family in my dreams. I love when they visit. This time it was my Dad.  Mom and Ron may have been there too. I didn’t feel so alone like I feel sometimes here.  I like my solitude but I miss the people who have gone before and fear I didn’t appreciate them enough when they were here. 

I have new boots. Lime Solomon’s.  I’ve had Solomon ski equipment.  I was at MEC. I’m planning on going bow hunting new week.  Translation, walking about in the back woods with the dog carrying my Excalibur  crossbow and bolts. I tested it out in the storage locker and found that I could pull it without the excruciating back pain I’d had last year.  I have days and moments but overall exercise and treatments have been steadily improvement my mobility and reducing the pain.  Thank you Jesus!

I like the light weight hiking boots, like advanced runners. I have heavy duty hiking boots in storage along with all the hunting gear. I also bought a light weight MEC jacket, grey.  I’m probably going to be a target. I have heavier jackets and think my Aussie green jacket is the best but now I don’t have another trip to the storage locker to make. I also bought a new back pack. Green Osprey. Given black bear rifle hunting season is open it’s not a good idea to be wearing black. My day pack was North Face but black.  This is Green.  

The big event was Nick from Traveland Mobile RV came yesterday morning and installed the new hydraulic jack pump Thankfully it was on warranty and Nick is the greatest tech.  It was enjoyable watching him systematically go through the diagnostics when he first came. Now it was enjoyable watching him remove the old pump and install the new.  We pulled in the awning and slides then pressed the automatic lift button. It lurches about like a ship at sea in waves till it settles.  It’s a joy. I really don’t believe it ever worked so well before.  We tried it up and down and it worked well.  Thank you Nick!!!!  Thank you Traveland.

Then more good news.  Laura is coming for the weekend. She’d been house sitting for her boss and for her sister so Madigan and I haven’t seen her for a couple of weeks. She unable to have the time off to join me the next couple of weeks.  We’re going to have a couple of weeks at the beginning of October for hunting too.  She’s coming today and will leave Sunday when I’m packing up to head out. So it’s a real treat that we get to see her for a couple of days this weekend.  If it hadn’t been for the Jeep and Thor repairs I’d have been camped beside a lake in August.  I’m still working virtual 4 days a week but I love that when I’ve time off I’m away from the city. I liked the variety of my life. I’m a no mad!  It’s the sense of freedom and the comfort I have knowing I can flee or just move and have my critical stuff with me. I’ve been constantly packing and unpacking for weekends and facing commute traffic on weekends. This life is a treat. I’m also preparing for my time south which has been a great adventure and experience each year. This will be year two with the Thor Motorhome and the first year towing the Jeep. Laura will be joining me in Palm Springs for Christmas.  I just have to do the long tiring drive and haul to get down there.  4 hours a day for much of a week each way.  

I’ve been praying to God always.  At my Burnaby Fellowship men’s meeting I’m reminded to pray to God for his will and the power to carry it out.  I ask for directions and I always ask for protection for Madigan. Of course I don’t know how prayer works , just that it does. I meditate in the morning each day beginning with Lord’s Prayer and folllowing directions from Paramahansa Yogananda. There’s St. Benedict too.I’d reading Everelyn Underwood’s Christian Mystics and also 40 Influential Christians.  I like listening to Mack the psychiatrist in my weekly MD2 physicians group.  He’s listening to pod casts on Christian mystics.  

Right now the FAntasy Tour buses that come each year and have been here a few days this week are pulling out.  It was quite a thing to see them come in. Almost military in their organization and precision.  

I have a report to complete for a patient and laundry to pick up.  I’m thinking of taking the Coquahalla which has been challenging in the past with higher altitude and winds.  I’ve wanted to go to Merritt. There’s a rodeo on and I thought after work I could catch some events.  Bow season opens next week so I could be close to the deer for next weekend.  I’d only go for a week since I want to be back from the Pacific Psychopharmacology conference and to take my Thor to Dan’s Ford to have the engine HVAcs valve replaced.  I believe they’ve already fixed the compressor so I’ll have heat going south and not have to worry about my window’s fogging.

The Canada US trade wars continue with Carnie representing the New World Order with Communist China to replace America and Schwabs WEF plan to half the population of the world. It’s all Neo communism and I’m deeply disappointed we have this deceitful world banker pushing his scientifically outdated Climate Change hysteria so he can bring in digital currency and centralize control like the European Union, a beurocrat’s wet dreams. So much government. Neo communism at its worst. Of course I like traditional nationalism of America with freedom and liberal Christianity rathe than the aetheism and Islam of sharia Neo communism.  It’s all above my pay grade and with the liberals destroying free speech and givenign CBC billions of dollars for propaganda we seem to be in an asymetteric war since the release of Covid from the Wuhan Lab and all the attempts at cover up and control.  Meanwhile we all muddle on and Canadians with liberal leadership and government mismanagement continue to bring in masses of military age men who have a penchant for rape and collecting welfare .  They also use up public resources so the hospital waitlists are atrocious. I’m anxious because Carney like Trudeau is a spend thrift wasting tax payer dollars on Cronyism and foreign affairs. Everything reeks of kickbacks and corruption but obviously I don’t know so is it my anxiety and lack of faith or reality. I’m always saying the serenity prayer and thinking of the law of attraction and Jesus saying Do Not Be Afraid.

I talked to Matthew our new Curate. He’ll be a full priest by Christmas. I told him how much I liked his sermons and feel he’s a fine man for St. Barnabus.  

Kevin has a new 300 wm rifle so he’s exited. The family of bear hunters.  I was at International Shooting Supplies getting a Walther PPK air pistol which I want to carry with me when I’m walking Madigan in the dessert. I’ve another fear, this one of rattle snakes.  I’ve the jeep and am more able to get him to the vet for anti venom which they have in Arizona.  The pistol is semi auto so if I see one or hear one I’ll be able to chase it away.

I’m in God’s dream as a co dreamer. Like the community dreams of my sleep. I figure the Thor and Jeep are the next 10 years like my time sailing.  I would like to visit my cousin in the north and also I’d like to drive around the historical south west, may a journey to the east coast and back.  I could certainly combine virtual work with such an expedition.  I would love a windfall so I didn’t have to worry about funding.I do but I don’t really need to. Everything about my life now is all I need. I’d just like to pay off the Thor and Jeep. It was the same with my truck as I paid it off over five years. There’s a burden with debt though I’m thankful I have the tools for the journey now.  I have insurance too.  I’ll have to get more travel health insurance in the fall.  

I’ve been reading Fairfax and L’Amour westerns and watching Blue Bloods tv shows.  That’s a pretty good indication I’ve either been very stressed or taking time off. I’ve not felt the need to produce. I work like normal  people and my time off has been more self serving in some ways.  I knew this year would be tight with buying the Jeep and hitch and paying for the Camper repair.  I’ve the Vespa up for sail and the Camper is being stored waiting for me to clean it out and put it up for sale. All is well.  I’ve reduced my vehicle insurance and storage payments. I’ll not be paying for a place when I head out because I will have all my ‘stuff’ with me. The quad and trailer are gone.  The Harley is gone.  Last year I had to pay to store my mini through the winter whereas this year I’ll tow the jeep. it’s all going in the right direction.  

Life is good. God is good. God is good all of the time.  Thank you Jesus!!!!









No comments: