Monday, May 23, 2022

Seattle, May long weekend, Saturday

I could have been camping and bear hunting but the camper repair place and insurance have dithered since fall and I’m not outfitted.  This used to bother me but now I just change my plans.
I’d long planned a long weekend in Seattle.  I invited at friend for a girls weekend but they were busy with family. I had to settle on my beau Madigan whose a cockapoo and for any adventure.
I’d hoped to get away on Friday but there were too many errands so packed and dressed I headed out Saturday.  It was a 2 hour line up at the Pacific crossing.  I’m glad I hadn’t had a second coffee. 
The first rest area I pulled my Cooper Mini in for a break.  Madigan was definitely antsy and glad for a walk. I had a piddle as well.   Madigan is only one and a half years, not at all patient. He’d been quite put off by the long wait in line so it was good to give him a chance to stretch his legs.  I like this rest area. I’ve stopped so many time, in various vehicles, in various attire, summer, winter, on a motorcycle. Now I was on another adventure.


It was nearly 3 pm when I arrived at the Kimpton Hotel Monaco. There’d been traffic due to lane closures coming into Seattle. I stopped in front of the Hotel on 4th near University. 
“Staying with us,” called out the young man
“Yes, valet parking?” I called back.
“Yes, do you need a hand with your luggage, ma’am?”  He said. I was wearing a blue sundress and Rimmel red lipstick. 
“I should be fine, “ I hauled out my one big green eagle medium bag and slipped my purse and tech sack over my shoulder.  It was time to check. In. Madigan was glad to pee on the way to the door.  






Room 518. I’d phoned in the booking and glad to be here.  I’ve stayed at Kimpton’s often. Dog friendly.  
In the room I emptied my bags into the closet and drawers, putting the mess of toiletries in the bathroom.  I changed into the Reitman’’s season front cut skirt, blouse and pink striped jacket.  I was glad I’d remember my brown leather saddles. I’d forgotten the black buckled flats.  Just make up and ready.  Madigan always glad for an adventure.  

We walked down 4th to University then to first and took a left down to first where we saw Noi’s the Thai Restaurnt the conceiarge had recommended as dog friendly.







After I went back to the hotel and changed .  I had left the restaurant when I realized I needed a bathroom break but had Madigan along.  I’ve no problem using the men’s washroom dressed as a lady. I could have used the washroom at Noi’s.  My hotel room was only a few blocks so good excuse to head back.  Once there I was also able to change dresses. I’d packed a few so could mix and match and enjoy wearing clothing I’d accumulated through Covid. I shop at Amazon on line, of course.  Also I have clothing from Walmart,  En Femme and Reitman’s.  Part of the inspiration for a girl weekend was shopping for the spring fashions at Reitman’s this month.  Now I was walking all the way down First Street to Pioneer Square in yet another outfit.




I came across  Parfumiere Nasreenat the Alexis Hotel and made my first purchase.  Such fun. A specialty Turkish perfume called Dilox. The scent will remind me of the weekend. It brought back my visit to Istanbul, the Sofia, the market and the exciting time I had touring that ancient city, formerly Constantinople.  Before Covid I brought a friend here and bought her one of the perfumes she’d said she so loved. A perfect gift!. 






I took pictures with my phone. I had a great time.  I’d fasted Friday so was glad to find Nois, the famed Thai restaurant recommended by the Monaco staff.  
I had this carpaccio type beef, called tiger, and a chicken salad.  Madigan was glad to have most of the beef while I enjoyed the spicy salad.  The weather was perfect for sitting outside, I loved the sun .

I loved the post Covid freedom. I loved being able to walk about in a sleeveless dress feeling the warmth of the sun and the slight breeze coming in from the ocean. The sea gulls were happy to patrol the streets looking for any food dropped around the outdoor cafe’s. Truly a blue sky day. Madigan sniffed everything.

No comments: