Friday, May 20, 2022

Long Weekend

 I was really excited at the prospect of a four day weekend. I’ve been working Friday again catching up still from the month in Europe.  I’d hoped to be camping this weekend.  Today I’d even planned to be on the road.

Yet my mobility banking has failed for a week and I had to go into the bank to transfer money from accounts to Visa.  So many errands and so little time.  Friday is often an errand day just to support the work week.  

The bank didn’t solve the problem with mobility check in  but my other bank is doing fine.  

I’ve walked Madigan twice. He has a new hair cut from Cocoa’s and just shines.  I did some time in the hot tub and 10 lengths of the pool. It’s been helping my back.  I’m fasting.  

I did indeed handle some patient calls and dealt with pharmacy and another doctor. I’m not ever fully off. Which is why I like camping. I get off the grid.  I can answer calls on computer , wi if and cell but there’s nothing I can do immediately.It’s even better when I’m out of the country. Then I feel truly off.

Because the camper isn’t yet repaired due to Insurance and Sales people and general run around it’s not ready for this first camping weekend. Hopefully the June long weekend will be a camping weekend. Today I’d planned to do a trip across the border.  Shopping. The girls road trip with the guys sort of thing. I’m moving slowly in that direction.  It’s down to Madison and I.  

The sunshine here has been wonderful and I’ve enjoyed being outside and walking with Madison. I even thought of lying down in the lawn chairs. Maybe if I get moving I’ll still make the road trip but it may wait till tomorrow. I’ve thrown everything in the suitcase but figured I’d cull what I have rather than do all the heavy lifting. I’m overpacked when I do road trips and in the camper. Considering I did a month in Europe with a little airline bag I should be able to lighten up.  


I love that it’s a long weekend. I’m so enjoying the laid back ‘vibe’.  Summer I coming.  I’m ready.  So is Madigan with his short hair cut. 

Thank you Lord for this time.




 

No comments: