Saturday, May 14, 2022

Cleaning the refridgerator

I fasted yesterday.  I woke thinking of coffee and food.  I walked Madigan. He peed. I meditated for a short time. I was thinking of coffee and food. I found some bread and made toast. I seem to remember that breaking a fast is best with fruit. Certainly when I fasted for two week stretches only have orange juice and water I’d break my fast with salad and fruit. I figured peanut butter and jam on whole wheat toast  was close enough. 
Walking Madigan I was just between the rains.  It’s been spitting all morning. Cold and cloudy.  I had thought to insure my Harley and go for a ride today. I talked to Dave and he agreed waiting for more reliable sun was a better idea. 
I used to ask my Mom what to do when I was bored.  She’s say ‘why not clean your room.”  Mom was always inspirational.  I’d know then I didn’t want to clean the room and all the other choices would become more appealing. Dad used to say too, “if you’ve got nothing to do, why not clean the garage.”  I’d make myself scarce. Riding on my bicycle anywhere was a preferred past time.
I ended up cleaning the fridge today. It’s been a year I think. I had cleaners who I believe said they’d clean the fridge. Laura would say that was before Covid. I forget to add the two years of Covid to my memory. I was just surviving. I cleaned the fridge sometime, maybe a year ago.  It happens when the kitchen floor is flooding because the drain is blocked.  I found it blocked in the fridgerator. Once it was blocked at the back of the fridgerator.
It’s been 4 hours. It took two hours to clean everything out. I found some jars of stuff that must hid for several cleanings. I used to collect poisons and it looked like something from that era.  I found the bird wings I kept from last fall planning to teach Madigan to retrieve in the spring. He’s begun to take an interest in fetch. The trouble is one of the wing’s still had a bird attached so I’ll have to cook that well. It’s been frozen
I found a museum of ancient condiments jars. I  chucked them.  There were some dead lemons with fungus from outer space growing on them. If I’d not kept the door closed on the refridgerator this would surely have escaped one night and slid up my nose and smothered me.  I beat it with a stick before I put it in the trash. A dead potatoes became mush in my hand and felt like cadaver brain.  The smell wasn’t any too good.  An onion that had descided to sprout sometime last year was a bout of foot of greens.  I don’t usually go down in that box.  I just use it to put the fresh potatoes and carrots on. Some escape to the bottom, it seems.  I know people who would count the potatoes and carrots in the bag so thisi didn’t happen. I’m not one of those people.  
There’s Al Gore’s Arctic Ice Cap in the back of the freezer. I’ve had to put a heater in the fridge to keep it embarrassing the rich con artist fool fear monger. If it got out of my freezer it would be just another reason they changed the term ‘global warming’ to ‘climate change’.  I always think voters were never taught history.  They don’t even know horse racing.  The IPCC, Strong’s communist weapon, wins if it’s hot or wins if it’s cold.  A Trilliaon dollars and a whole lot of money has changed hands.  Lots of climatology jobs and everyone is afraid and wanting more government control. “The sky’s falling!!!! Give me more money!!!!”.  
So that’s the opportunity on the macroscopic level. Now on the electron microscope level there’s another crisis turned into a political opportunity. The history students will remember that the taxes for the war and income tax and such followed a crisis then never went away.
A cynic is just a realist today who used to be an idealist.
I’m watching the theatre of the absurd in politics and don’t know what’s better the Kardasians or Ottawa Parliament.
It’s been 2 hours thawing the Arctic Ice Cap. The arctic ice cap is still there.  I hear from friends who I know that it’s not changed.  I also hear their are more polar bears and I’m never short of honey.  The media lies.  The disinformation and misinformation is radical.  Propaganda constantly passing as news.  I’m beginning to trust what I know, mostly each day, one day at a time. I’m trying to keep my head in the same room as my arse, as my Canadian military sergeant friend once told me. Then I’m doing an expansion on Descartes ‘cogito ergo sum’ to include what my trusted friends and family have seen.  I’ve been to Russia, Moscow and St. Petersburg and know they exist. I’ve not been to the Ukraine but I have a Ukrainian friend who tells me her family are fighting the Communist Russians.   Communism is Marxist war philosophy.  Marx recommended perpetual war till his ideas won.  The Muslim religion of peace is kind of similar. There will be Peace when Muslims are in control.  I like the Christians , Hindus and Buddhists and Pagans who are trying desperately not to be persecuted.  Christians are the most persecuted religions with their god being crucified by the government and church. I’m convinced mothers in space let their teen age kids take the saucers for a spin only if they promise not to go near Earth. We’re definitely a bad neighbourhood.
I was on my knees behind Kirk Laidlaw read to kiss my ass good bye in a nuclear strike during the Kennedy Khrushchev Missile Crisis.  I like that Hiroshima has recovered but I’ve known patients who have had radiation poisoning, skin diseases, thyroid conditions, cancers because their Navy had them stand on boats and watch nuclear explosions.  
I’m finally done my genealogy study on my own. I know I’ve got some Neanderthal.  Despite the big shoulders and such for jumping on the backs of dinosaurs I think they’re the peacenick genes.  The human genes are the aggressive genes. We survived by being sneaky warlike and deceitful.  Neaderthal’s were wiped out.  I’m waiting for the lawyers to compensate me for the genocide of my ancestors.  You really can’t make this stuff up.  But the fact is my genetic make up is part flower. I was called  a ‘flower child’ when red necks were shooting guns at me and calling me a long haired hippy girl .  Some chased me through the woods with baseball bats.  I expect they’ve become CEO’s of tobacco companies.  I accept now they were right. I am convinced I have flower genes. I’m literally happy and blossom when the sun is out and wilt and close up like today when it’s rainy and cloudy again.  
I will be pleased when this refridgerator task is done.  4 hours, though two of it has been the freezer.  I have to keep sponging out the bottom.  Not much longer.  I think the take home from this experience is clean fridge before the Lilliputiatians erect a ski resort in my freeze.
Then I ‘ll take the dog for a walk and think of the beautiful flowers, the birds singing, my friends and family with babies and dogs.  I’ll even enjoy thinking about cats.  I loved talking to an older person the other day.  I love the green of spring. For a trillion dollars the climate change shits could have at least got the rain to happen at night or during the work week. I’ve got a nuclear physicist in the family and I tell him I’m still waiting for a nuclear power plant for my Harley. It’s not like I have much use for reproductive organs when what I really would prefer is power.  
I ‘m waiting for the brass band to celebrate this personal achievement.  Thank God for small mercies and blessings. I always say thank you in my prayers for the air.  We take air for granted.  I like air. Breathing is a hoot.  I love taking deep breaths walking the dog.  Thank you for the air God.  Thank you for the breath of life.  Thank you Jesus. 






  

No comments: