Monday, January 31, 2022

New Monday

Monday’s usually feel ‘used’.  They start out tired and worn. I just get through them. Today I’m going to make Monday a new day. It’s not the first day of a week of work.  It’s the day I meet joy. I will live and love this Monday. Already I’ve greeted Madigan. He woke me by moving closer and lying up against me. Such affection. I’m pretty special to him.  When I’m not around apparently he whines. When I’m here he kind of bullies me so it’s a funny roommate arrangement. I’m the parent.  I was odd with my parents this way as a teen.  He’s a puppy still. Just moving into his second year.
It’s the last day of January.  This February I’m going to Scotland with Laura and that’s exciting.  I love these abrupt changes of pace. Right now I’m in work mode, maintaining routine.  Regular hours. Alarms.  Sitting at my desk.  Seeing or listening to one patient every 45 minutes.  Writing notes.  Struggling with the ancient medical software and all the glyphes of the 80’s .  Last week I replaced the printer again. 5 printers in 2 1/2 years of covid.  This one isn’t yet working with the Network.  Some glych.  
On the weekend the propane sensor died. I’ve Keven from Travl coming today or tomorrow to replace. In meantime I got out my electric blanket.  Turned the propane low. Glad the weather is getting warmer. Still, frost on the Harley cover.
Madigan had a good poop. He had his worm pills on the weekend after the vaccinations at the vet. He puked later.  I cleaned it up.  My carpets need cleaning. A summer job.  I was thankful he had well formed stool. I believe the worms were eliminated.
I did pull out the Hamm radio. I contacted Ralf’s about using the Satellite phone in Europe. It hadn’t worked in Moscow because I needed something unlocked for overseas.  I don’t know that I need it. I’m taking cellphone ipad and laptop.  I do like that this trip provides meaning and purpose. In my head I’ve been without direction, psssing time, working, paying bills.  I’m in a kind of limbo. I was ready for a 3 months travel about the US with my camper and truck or a month or two vacation north hunting and fishing. I’d like to avoid winter next year with more time south. I’m still working. It seems reasonable. It’s not so uplifting but useful.  There’s nothing wrong with what I’m doing. The question is only if it’s the ‘best’.  
Thank you Jesus for this day. Thank you Jesus for all the blessings. Christ watch over my family and friends and help them this day. Help me to be a better doctor and serve my patients well.  Thank you.. 








No comments: