Tuesday, January 4, 2022

2022 New Year, first post

This is the first post of the New Year. I’ve made a few resolutions.
1. To be a better person today than I was yesterday
2. To become closer to God 
3.  To finish two of the books I’ve started 

I walked Madigan in the park, today.  His old haunts,  Leaving messages for his buddies. We carried on to the river. I love the presence in the forest. It’s a place to pray and feel the awe of being surrounded by trees and  roots and life. The living cave.

It’s been raining sleet.  I’m been heating with propane and wonder if I’ll need to make a run for more. The winter temperatures have been at record lows.  The days are beginning to get longer. I’m thankful for rest and light.

Being at Harrison’s Hotsprings and Spa with Laura and Madigan was a healthy retreat.  Lots of rest, long walks with Madigan, several times a day in the hotsprings, great restaurant meals and TV movies.   Beautiful lake view.

I am here in clutter.  I believe I need a cleaning lady.  I continue to work.  Life goes on.  

I feel disconnected , alienated from this Covid 19 society .  I’m living life as best again as safe though war drums beat in the China Seas.  Most likely like the Dessert Storm Arms Bazaar.  

I’m planning on an educational vacation in March, visiting roots and studying history.  I have to reduce my experience and training in psychiatry to the smallness of criticism of the study of mind by those who are mostly mindless yet arrogant. I’m living in old strait jackets.  Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely.  Today I push on to the return of sunshine and warmth and think fondly of the spring blossoms and spring motorcycling.  I imagine I could go snowshoeing and cross country skiing but my little dog would not enjoy it and I’d rather just walk till the snow is gone.  I must live in the day though and celebrate this time.  I’m drawing back.  

This too will pass.

Lockdowns and covid.  This too will pass. Spring museums and history.  Late spring camping.  Summer camping.  All is well.  All is wall.  All manner of things are well.

Thank you God.






 

No comments: