Friday, January 28, 2022

Frosty Friday

Frost on the cover of the Harley.  Clear fresh air. I gave thanks for that first deep breath. I looked at Madigan looking at me under the mop of hair and smiled. I’m blessed to have such a good friend.  He sleeps with me at night on the bed his little butt pressed up against my side. I wake to « I believe’. It’s Friday. I have a little work to do this morning and take Madigan for his vaccines and boosters this afternoon. 
I’ve errands to run.  Getting ready for Scotland.  It’s given meaning and purpose to my life lifting me out of the winter doldrums of listening to the grief and despair brought by the lockdowns.  I’m concerned about several sick friends. Life goes on. Heart attacks happen.  Hips break.  Discussing loss with a friend whose day is changed since his sponsor died and the daily phone calls ended.
I took a picture of tulip shoots yesterday. Hope. Today it was the beautiful pastel sunrise.  Politics persists.  It’s not the thing of morning breathing and meditation. I’m watching Vikings and no doubt life is better today.  We live longer. The idea of looking forward to slaughter doesn’t jump to mind. I’m reading the history of Scotland and it’s constant wars between clans and invasions by England. Peace is good.  I’m pleased I can work from home and feel safe here.
Propane came yesterday. I thank the man who filled the bottles I left out front.  It’s a great convenience.  Last winter two bottles lasted a week at the worst. This year it was four. Now I ‘m back to 2 and 3.  Very costly with inflation and gouging taxes to pay for the national government corruption.  
I recommend Monty Python’s « Always look on the Bright Side of Life ».  No wonder Buddha said Desire is the root of suffering.  I remember that an ‘expectation is a preformed resentment’.  I make plans but know God is in charge.  I hope for the best. I pray for the best.  I’m blessed today. I am still able to get down on the floor and exercise. It always reminds me of seeing my father doing this when he was 10 years older than I am today. What an inspiration that man was.  I liked planting trees with my brother who didn’t believe he’d see the fruits of his labours. Now I look at pictures of his grandchildren.  My great nephews are so cute.  Life goes on. The Old Cliche.  
Thank you Jesus. Thank you Creator. As Paramahansa Yogananda taught « I bow to the saints of all religions. ». May I know you more and more today God and may I do thy will. Thank you. 





No comments: