Wednesday, April 29, 2020

April 29,2019 Covid 19 Quarantine

The health care systems are managing.  Businesses are opening up.  Outdoor cafes are poised for summer. We survived. Some died. It is absurd. Albert Camus and the Plague.  The WWI veteran and ‘the bullet must have your name on it.”  There’s more fear but we’re managing. Everyone imprisoned in their own home, their own bubble.  It wasn’t so bad.Good for some.
I’m working in a virtual office. Impressed by the mentally ill.  Marginal.  Yet generally coping. Some actually doing well because they are normally isolated and now share their secrets.  The suicidal have been less than I would have expected.  The psychotics few. The anxious many but the depressed not so bad. Many have had a rest.  The struggles continue. I feel empathy for some alone in families.  Some lovers in lockdown with a person they didn’t know. Some indifferent.  I phone pharmacists.  I phone doctors.  I phone government offices and insurance companies. I couldn’t do this without the phone, cellular, and internet, and computers.  ASUS, the South Korean PC I bought at London Drugs is doing fine. My Apple Workbook is back up and running. With the help of Apple Care I cleared a virus and am thankful that I was able to address the computer virus.
On all levels the Covid 19 is fascinating. More pathology. More diversity.  More variations.  30 to 40 mutations already.  The Spike with it’s affinity to ACE 2.  Lung,heart and blood and now nervous tissue.  No early psychiatric signs.  Most not even aware they had it and got over it.  There is intrigue for sure.  Politics and economics are moving centre stage.
I’m living a simple life. Working 12 hours some days, mostly 8 or more, then very interested in what I’m cooking for the dog and me.Eating and reading and watching some tv. I’m reading a very well written sci fi by MD Cooper.  Space exploration and colonization with security issues. I watched Extraction, the thriller based in Bangladesh and enjoyed it for it’s slick fast paced scenes.  It was an escape. I scroll FB for news and memes and pictures of what my friends are eating.  Then I love my bed but find it this week harder and harder to sleep. I think I am drinking coffee too late. The Ethiopian Yirgachafe I’ve roasted is delicious.
I walk the dog. I’m most happy walking the dog though Gilbert, blind and old, sometimes makes it more a sniff than a walk.
I pray each day. I meditate and do some exercises. I hope to get to the post office today.  
Praise and thanks.  Thank you Jesus. Hallelejuah. A new day.  May I be well and do well and remember you throughout the day.  It is your creation and I’m an adventurer in your life, God. Thank you. 


No comments: