Friday, April 3, 2020

Friday, Covid 19, Gratitude

Thank you Lord for waking me to this day, light coming through despite the the blinds, the warmth of the blankets, the fuzzy little dog cuddled beside me.
I checked my throat and took a deep breath and was glad to be alive.  Thank you for the dreams I barely remembered of lecture halls, discussions with colleagues and kind and brilliant mentors. I wish I could remember what was said but the feeling of academic adventure and camaraderie lingered. Thank for a remarkable career and the joy of working with such compassionate and stirling individuals. Thank you I am well today.
Thank you for Reuters.  In a world of fake news and low brow journalism and rehash it was rather refreshing to read a review that was surprisingly lacking in partisanship, propaganda or cliche.  It was a nice way to waken my mind.  There was good news and bad news but the world is balanced and moving forward.  Thank you for technology and mail. Thank you for heat and running water and the toilet.
Thank you that my body is still able to exercise the minimum I do with such complaining each morning.  Thank you for the meditation and that training time with my monkey mind. Come Holy Spirit Come.  Let me be a channel of your peace.  May I know you more dearly and serve you more surely.  Thank you for the Ethiopian coffee though it’s such a shame that the Ethiopian head of the WHO failed so badly colluding with the Communist Chinese who caused this pandemic with their lies.
Thank you for the doctors and nurses, researchers, technicians, pharmacists helping to win this fight against time. Thank you for all the supply lines and those serving us all by their work these days and nights in shipping, Post Office, on trucks and ships and planes.  Thank you for the warehouse workers and all the people whose jobs are essentials. Thank you for the men and women in communications and computer technology and those who maintain the lines and hubs. Thank you for the grocery workers and the pharmacies.  Thank you for my local London Drugs. Thank you for the repair people and tradesmen and tradeswomen and the mchanics and the help lines. Thank you for Google, and Netflix and Utube.
Thank you for artists and entertainment and recipes and incense. Thank you for clothing and dog walks. 

Aside #1 - test
(Thank you immensely for Gilbert the Heroic old blind dog with a sore back who fought off another dog whose cretin owner had allowed him off leash.  Gilbert’s daring defence not seeing where his assailant was gave the more than likely slow dope crazed owner time to see that he was within a nich of being pummelled to his death, the encounter having reminded me I need a bag of lime before there is a run on that.
 After a day of intense work and a desire for a safe walk with my own I don’t take kindly to these fools who are so ignorant of the times that still callously abuse the normal tolerance of good people. But we now have turned our cheek 70 times 70. 
Thank you God for the restraint that would have had me seeing police and all manner of strangers and making the encounter worse than better. Seeing Gilbert so attacked by such an bully of a dog and his passive aggressive owner who was glad to use this opportunity to act out his aggression and claim it was all just an accident. Like the Chinese today gaslighting the world. They are no better than traitors like their ally , the decadent incompetent arrogant PM Trudeau.  
Thank you that I didn’t seal his doors and burn his home down last night , because he has and cute wife and his dogs are innoscent. He most likely is just scared and that’s his defensiveness and poor coping skills, a fat old guy whose life has been far less than he would have hoped for, now locked in isolation with his wife and no doubt hearing his life’s savings are gone and he will soon be the slave of some carpetbagger politician and his imported ISIS brow shirts.  Thank you Lord that I have maintained a minute modicum of adulthood in these trying times. Still thank you for the reminder, I will get the bag of lime before there is a run on that too.)

Aside #2
(Because we mixed with outsiders, the dog coming in contact with Gilbert and me almost coming in contact with his idiot of an owner, I bathed Gilbert last night, a major event in the little guys life, definitely a break in the boredom for him and me. When Gilbert has a bathe, I have a bathe and the bathroom has a bath.
After that, All evening I had a damp dog trying to cuddle. Today is better he’s finally dry.
A new day.  
I wonder how long before we are carrying swords like we did in the 19th century to keep the law breakers back.  How soon will we all have the right to concealed carry so that people don’t ‘just drop the leash’ and play cutesy ‘it was just an accident’. Not even an apology. No acknowledgement of accountability. Uncivilized. 
It is a sad statement on humans as a group that there remain those who flaunt the rules and feel entitled to have everyone else care for them, and ‘understand’. I believe most of these people are on drugs and alcohol and that it is a temporary problem that could be addressed. Recovery could make them more useful than simply as organ doners. But the low brow mob mentality is out there. Waiting. Hoarders here. Queue jumpers here. Food riots in Africa.)

So thank you great lord for your love and compassion and keeping us civilized in these difficult times when the uncivilized are hoarding and swaggering.  Help the collective group to continue to do the amazing things they are doing.  I have seen only one or two abuses while millions are being mature and sensible and working together.  Thank you Lord for the inherent goodness in people.  Thank you for peace.  Thank you for all your love and the love that flows from one person to another. 
Thank you for the inspiration of my patients who I talk to each day and learn that despite their often horrendous disabilities are helping families and neighbours and staying inside washing their hands,social distancing, contributing.  Thank you Lord for the example the mentally ill so commonly exhibit in times of community stress where so often they rise above their former limitations and magnanimously serve.
Thank you for my friends and family. Keep them safe, please.
Thank you for the great leadership we have here in the province. Thank you for Mr. Horgan and Mr. Dix and Dr. Bonnie Henry, the Faculty of Medicine UBC and the College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC.  Thank you for the researchers and the communication and the enlightened leadership. Thank you for intelligence and heart. Thank you Lord Jesus. Thank you God of God. 









No comments: