Saturday, April 25, 2020

April 25, 2020 Saturday Covid 19 Quarantine

I read late and woke early and then slept in.  I love Ethiopian coffee.  It just starts the day right.  The news was as good as could be hoped for.  I loved Jackie’s posting, Joe Cocker’s A little help from my friends. “ The Rollings Stones sure do still have it. Their song, “I’m living in a Ghost Town’ definitely captures this time. I love Rojina’s paintings which are posted. So ,the artists are amazing. Ron Reed’s podcast was a delight. Lydia’s been posting great opera.  I’ve enjoyed it all.  Some mornings or evenings I just listen or watch you tube thankful for the major contribution people are making during this time.
Last night I had another Hay family favourite recipe again, Barbecued Smokies with fresh Cobs buns and Cheese whizz.  Delicious.  I watched April 9 the exceptionally fine movie of the Danish military response to the German invasion at the beginning of WWII.  Very human. A bicycle platoon facing tanks.  I enjoyed it all. Not a shoot em up but a human drama.
I did lots of errands yesterday, bank, and post office. I drove to clinics. I had patients to call. I missed my opthalmology visit.  Now I have to pay and it was a test so it was stupid. Not necessary but I thought it was May and I didn’t realize it was Friday even.  This quarantine has me not knowing dates or days. It’s a precurser of what dementia will feel like. 
I enjoyed texting with Reg and Kevin.  I’ve been reading a whole lot. Completed a western and a biography and read genetics of all things.  I haven’t seen anything I didn’t know in psychiatry but would be most interested in the community anxiety research, how everyone is affected as an organic entity. I enjoyed the research on caregivers using video chat and how this was exhausting. I enjoyed talking with Barb who was experiencing this as well. If I see 8 hours of patients in virtual the wear and tear is more like 10 hours in the office. I see the benefit of virtual of course but hadn’t factored in how draining it would be.  Talking on the phone isn’t but something about the video cam and facetime is stressful.  So Barb and I talked about that and enjoyed a paper some smart person had published discussing this.
I enjoy showers more.  l love sleeping. I like waking up thankful that I can breathe.  Gilbert is a truly enjoyable companion. We have great walks. Today I enjoyed talking with Shane as a fellow had his dog towing him at quite a clip on the skateboard. The dog was in heaven.  “I don’t think Hank would like that.” I said to Shane. Hank is the Shane's most adorable daschund.
I'm so thankful for Dr. Paul Biernacki at North Road Animal Hospital. He's been treating Gilbert's cough which is getting better and he phoned me in follow up, caring.
I loved visiting , just to pick up something the Royal Columbia Medical Clinic staff where the men and women are doing amazing work. 
I was saddened by the VA study which exposed how partisan scientists can be using a retrospective study with many errors to promote a political agenda. I think they should be investigated and banned but after the WHO doesn’t tell the truth, who can one believe. I was thankful for the doctor and the head of VA for their quick analysis of the VA Hydroxychloroquine showing it was comparing sick with healthier people and that the data was manipulated.  In contrast to that shameful science episode this other brilliant ICU doctor showed that pronation improved breathing sufficiently to keep his patients off the respirator , an end stage measure.  
My colleague has been concerned about the make up of some of the controversial modern vaccines. I’m old school and loved the old vacccines but since the politicization of the flu  vaccine and the major profits for limitted success I have wondered too so was interested to see that mice were incorporated. While that’s concerning. It’s like the OJ trial where the police simply didn’t understand DNA (75% of human DNA is in the fruit fly) so they contaminated everything thinking it was like a ‘fingerprint’.
Now the modern vaccine isn’t taking into account the learning from genetics. I can only guess that we lucked out with the conventional vaccines but must now in rethink things anew in  light of new genetic learning about recombinants. A world vaccine at billions of dollars is the next step so it's not surprising people are concerned about the safety even if it doesn't include a microchip and exposive nano device.
It’s actually somewhat less scary to consider Covid 19 t may have been a product of lab work which could be contained than to think that diseases are randomly jumping from animals to humans.  Because of parasites in pigs and lack of refridgeration in hot climates the Jews and others didn’t eat pork.  Now we’re faced with wondering about virus and virus spread animals to humans.  Are we becoming softer than our ancestors. Lots more questions than answers.  
I am thankful. I’ve been praying and thankful that this stop and reset has people generally in my sphere acting more kindly and slowing down to actually smell the roses. We’re getting by and looking forward to more stores opening.
I’m really looking forward to the hair salon. I decided to colour my hair just before the quarantine, the grey having got to me again. I’ve done this every few years and now I’m all roots and wanting to be cared for.  
Laura and I text each other all the time about what we will do when the lock down lifts.  
Thank you Jesus. Thank you God. Thank you saints of all religions.  Thank you,all the remarkable men and women who are doing so well in these trying times.


No comments: