Friday, February 15, 2019

Mountainview Hotel, Lalibela, Ethiopia

I have really enjoyed the Mountainview Hotel Lalibela.  I was able to phone ahead from Lake Tana and book it over the phone.  The manager spoke English well.  A lot of the staff spoke English as well. It was only about $70 US a night and well worth it. Clean and friendly. The great view from the room and from the roof top balcony were terrific. I had several meals in the restaurant and enjoyed them all.  Wifi has been pretty good.  The bathroom was clean with bath and  shower with hot running water.

A Tuk Tuk motorized rickshaw took me to the churches for a 100 Ethiopian Brr. I could walk safely walked there and would have if I hadn’t re-injured my knee this trip.   This hotel is the last one on a line of tourist hotels with the centre of town about a 15 minute walk.  Banks machines and shops are there but sheep and donkeys and goats share the town with us.  I liked the Tuk Tuk.  I really enjoyed drinking the coffee with milk on the balcony well writing and sorting photographs.  The Rock Hewn Churches reall are truly amazing.  

The view from my balcony was  incredible and so relaxing.  I had a couple of nights of rain with great electrical displays. It’s an arid country and everyone was pleased with the rain.   

Endy the guide recommended for the church tours was very helpful and informative. I learned a lot and at  $50 a day for me individually it was well within my budget.  





















No comments: