Sunday, October 7, 2012

Anne E. Brevig

My brother, Ron, gave me an amazing book gift, Nine Years on the Seven Seas, by Anne E. Brevig. This is the story of the extraordinary circumnavigation taken by Anne E. Brevig and Martin Vennesland in their 40 foot fiberglass yacht, NOR SIGLAR. (www.norsiglar.com). Having sailed solo myself to from Vancouver to Hawaii in winter on the 39.9 foot yacht, GIRI, and also, with crew, back from Hawaii and previously Vancouver to Mexico, I relived the joy and terror of blue water sailing through the truly gifted writing of Anne E. Brevig. She is a true story teller. Their circumnavigation made in several stages and totalling twice the circumference of the equator is a story of beauty and adventure. The photography that accompanies this well crafted book make it one of the best coffee table modern day yachting books I've ever seen. I'm not surprised when she tells us how pleased she is to hear from so many young yachtsmen and women that their own blue water adventures were inspired by her stories regularly published in Norway's yachting magazine. What I enjoyed also was learning that she and Martin began their spectacular journey in Vancouver, BC, Canada where they lived after emigrating from Norway before beginning their adventure of a lifetime.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: