Friday, August 4, 2023

Princeton

I headed north from Logan Lake planning to go to Ashcroft.  I had problems with the motion detection on the Nightster. The alarm kept going off, I’d done what I thought was the process but it hadn’t worked as before.  I called Trev Deely and they said I was doing it right but it still alarmed. Not only that the iPhone kept jumping to the blue tooth on the motorcycle so I was cutting in and out on the call. Technology.  I solved the problem by putting my key fob in the saddlebag,  Low tech solution.
 I drove up the Highland Copper mine and enjoyed seeing this massive site.  
Then I turned around and headed south. My Truck was saying I should change the oil and I decided I wanted to be closer home. I stopped by a lovely lake south of Logan Lake and almost stayed there, I had lunch with Madigan who’ d enjoyed running on the beach,
I drove south listening to an Ian Rankin audio book. I somehow figured out how to get the audio book to play as Sirius kept trying to give me it free.  I really enjoyed the Ian Rankin.  
I thought to go to Hope from Merritt but opted for Princeton instead.  I’m so glad. I love Princeton. Stopped at A&W for burgers and onion rings. Madigan loved his burger.  

 I found this perfect place on the old Hedley Road near Riverhaven where Laura and I like to glamp.  Madigan and I climbed down to the river where I swam and even washed my hair.  I’ve emptied my tanks and filled up my water tank outside of Logan lake. I have a few days if I ration water by not showering or using too much water to wash the dishes.  

The climb up the cliff after the swim was a dirty affair in sand and dirt and using old trees to pull myself up with. Madigan couldn’t make the last bit over the lip of the cliff so I lay on my belly and gave him a hand up. He was clearly thankful but proud.

I unloaded the Honda 2000 Generator.  It’s necessary for the Starlink Router. I needed to charge my apple tech too. I’ve been enjoying reading a new Kindle novel of Air Force Rescue services in a Somalian pirate situation.  Great thriller.  I actually spent some tine lying on a lawn chair reading.  Madigan is very busy and doesn’t leave me alone long.  I did enjoy the sun and reading, 

Now I’ve set up Starlink and done some work truly off the grid. I haven’t had cell service even but now I’m doing great with Starlink. 
Kale! Kalay!  He chortled in his joy.















No comments: