Friday, August 18, 2023

Chilliwack

I miss the 6 am alarm I set. Probably it will go off at 6 pm.  I was awoken by the 7 am alarm and got going slowly. .Quick meditation.  Coffee and shower. On the road before 8..  Still traffic slow down around Langley. I didn’t stop for breakfast but went on to Chilliwack RV.  I pulled aside the ATV trailer then loaded the camper on the truck.  It went smoothly Practice makes perfect. I connected up the trailer to leave but had trouble backing up as usual.  It was nearly 10 and I had to wash the camper too.  I took the trailer with me but when I passed the case wash it was full and I couldn’t see how I’d get in and out.  Oh well. On to Adventurer RV.  I was about 20 minutes late. 
As usual they were welcoming and happy to see me.  I left the keys and called Victor.
We’d made a plan to go for brunch.  He’d had a couple of family emergencies arrive and the 2 pm meeting was moved to noon. This meant he had little time but a Tim Hortons was close by, So we stopped and talked there.  Madigan was a nuisance acting up in the car and not to br left. Fortunately no one noticed him under the table by th or, Brrttrr to ask forgiveness than permission. 
Now I’m back at Kevin’s Adventurer RV.  It’s by the river.  Walking Madigan I found it Madigna’s hot and walked right in,  Very picturesque.  Reminded me that there’s a lot of lovely places around Chilliwack It’s a great town.  I once lived here half a year.  26 years ago.   


Last night I put Madigan in his box on the back of my HD Nightster Specail.  I dorme him to the off leash park.  I explored it all on his own having a jolly good time until he got bored and came back to me.  Back on the Harley I drove us down town, quite the ride .  Met Laura in the West End and had fish and chips and burger at Mary’s on the veranda.  Great milkshakes. Terrific visit.  She’d been house sitting and will be again this week. We’re planning to be together sept 1 for camping and bow hunting. Then a week later in sept. We were missing her too.  She’s Madigan’s favourite person and he’s beside himself when he sees her.  She was wearing a blue summer frock and looked lovely.  She said it was past her work week bed time. “I”m in bed reading not long after 7.  I’m so tired from the clinic.”  It’s a busy job I’ in bed by 9 though might read till midnight .  Still it’s not the latte evenings of not that long past when I did night school and went to meetings.  I had more energy with the business schedule.  his is a laid back time.



I’m loving this summer.  Reminding me of good times in Winnipeg summers, Fort Gary, mom and dad.  Such fond memories.  

Paul Sobey and Paul Farnham have gone to Calgary because the addiction medicine political position there is more enlightened than hereRaju invited me.  I’m happy here without the stress of years of College persecution. They’re actually civil.  I liked the clinic and patients and liked the loook of the next 6 months and alot of virtual work.  happy and grateful for now.  

No comments: