Friday, August 4, 2023

Logan Lake, Friday, day 7

I woke at 3 am worrying about work. Old nightmares and stressors. Silly really. Here in paradise and I’m letting resentments live in my mind for free. I got up. Madigan liked going out. The moon was huge and yellow.  The night was quiet.  I share the last barbecued pork chop with him.  I read a novel about military rescue service, air ambulance and such.  I’d finished the Berlin Air Lift novel called Cold Peace. It was written this year but has a second part. I’d love to continue it but now must wait till the author pushes the second part.

I fell back to sleep eventually at 4 am only to be woken my my alarm music.  I could use another couple of hours of sleep. Might have a nap. My anxiety is loading the motorcycle.  It took Murray pushing to get it over the last hump. I’m actually optimistic.  All the hurdles of this trip have been surpassed. Having the brakes fixed and getting the truck fog working were major. 

I generate worry and catastrophize if I unleash my min.  I’m here in th present and it’s another beautiful day in paradise.  Sunshine.  Lovely green colours.  The beautiful blue lake.  Black birds, flickers an robins flirting about.

_______________

I went back to bed and napped for another hour.  Then I tidied up and prepared to leave.  The last thing was loading the HD Nightster. There’s a part at the end of the ramp that the Harley has to go over.  I put WD40 on it but just didn’t make it. I then tried to use power assist but chickened out. I could if I tried again. However a great white bearded gentleman on his way to fish offered to help. He pushed and it just slid in.  I have to loosen the nut on that bit for next time. Still I was loaded and very thankful.  It’s as 11 am when I checked out.  What a fabulous time I had at Logan lake, swimming, hiking, working virtual, getting my brakes fixed, loving watching eagles and deer. A fabulous place.










No comments: