Sunday, October 31, 2021

C Market Coffee

I was inspired to get off the couch when Laura texted me that she, her sister and brother in law had gone for a Sunday drive to Squamish.  Madigan and I had walked in the neighborhood but here was an opportunity to get out. They laughed because that’s what ‘old people did.’ They used Molly the dog as camouflage.I decided on a local Sunday drive with Madigan.
I’m glad we did.  I found C Market Coffee with its outdoor seating.  There are so many terraces and patio’s in the city, especially on Commercial .  In the ‘burbs’ there aren’t as  many. Also the people watching isn’t nearly as exciting.  Still this is a find.
Fabulous coffee and as elegant cafe dining as could be desired.  It’s minimalist and light. The eggs Benedict had sold out this Sunday morning.  The menu is excellent for breakfast, brunch and lunch.  Lots of take out too,.  \
Despite having re purposed a bit of parking it was quiet and the air was cleaner than the city.  
We’re happy. The Egg Croissant with avocado, egg, lettuce, tomato and bacon was delicious .  Madigan was there to help with some of the bacon too. The Coffee bun was moist and delicious.  I felt like I was back in one of my San Francisco or New York haunts.  
As a dog owner I’ve become dependent on Blenz and Starbuck’s outdoor seating for destinations with my dog. I’ve been an epicurean snob and loved the atmosphere that Starbucks capitalized on. The American diner is fine now but when trucks stops and fast food joints were the only offering of coffee, the higher priced coffee was worth it for the ambience and conversation.  
Madigan likes it here too.  Who would have guessed. He likes coffee cake. 





 

No comments: