Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Taner Makus Art Shop, Istanbul, Turkey

After touring the inspirational Byzantine Chora Museum I found the Taner Makus Art Shop nearby.  It was a delightful little store with a fine young man who told me, through my interpreter, that the artist and his students worked here.  There were little pieces on the main floor and big pieces upstairs. It’s a good thing flying, I can’t carry very much at all.  I limited myself  to buying a historical modern nautical painting of ancient Istanbul on the Bosphorus.  I was very pleased with the reasonable prices. I came away also with the obligatory fridge magnets I seem to collect on my journeys.   It was a truly elegant little shop reminiscent of Canada’s  Mayne Island Toller Studios.
DSCN3718DSCN3719DSCN3720DSCN3721

No comments: