Friday, January 9, 2015

Karlic Evi, Hotel, Cappadocia, Turkey

This was the fabulous hotel I stayed in when I visited Cappadocia. I was in the most elegant room but had the run of the whole place.  I was sitting with my computer by the piano in the lobby when I was brought a cup of tea and some biscuits.  The service was fantastic. Breakfast was amazing. Everything about this place was worth the trip. I loved the fireplace in the sitting room.  I just felt guilty that I had it all to myself. I’d love to come back.
I was there to see the under ground city and cave churches.  Added to that I hiked the river and saw the fairy chimneys. The weather, snow, caused the hot air ballooning to be cancelled for safety reasons but I was able to attend the Whirling Dervish Ceremony Sema. I also had a go at a potters wheel and watched how onyx stoneware was made.  It was off season but there were 4x 4’s and scooters which make me think this must be the best motorcycling and four by touring area. The terrain is terrific. There’s hiking tours too.  Amazing views.  Something to see everywhere.
Given the elegant opulence Karlic Evi had to offer, with it's warmth and  spectacular view it was hard to leave.  I certainly would love to come back and explore more. Karlic Evi was really reasonably priced too.  I loved the incredible artwork everywhere.
DSCN4070DSCN4072DSCN4073DSCN4074
DSCN4064DSCN4062DSCN4061DSCN4067DSCN4068
DSCN4065DSCN4069DSCN4079IMG 7430IMG 7433IMG 7432IMG 7431
IMG 7426IMG 7425IMG 7424DSCN4077DSCN4078


No comments: