Sunday, February 26, 2023

Snowy Sunday Morning

I’ve woken to a winter wonderland.  I admire friends who are embracing the snow. I remember well my joy with skiing and snowshoeing but today I’m not that guy.  I’m reviewing identities and older I’m definitely into heat and comfort.  Maybe its the estrogen. Old men lose the ambitions of testosterone and enjoy rest and comfort.  I’m definitely that way enclosed. Bearing hunting opens beginning of April and I’m only keen on camping.  Any week now my camper will be ready yet here we are with snow and I’m not enthusiastic about winter camping even in the camper.
I enjoyed wearing a dress and nylons to the Gultch and seeing Roginna’s solo show.  It was a day of dress up.  An escape to costume and a reflection on the lost days of acting, theatre and dance. There’s a frivolity inn the world of art.  I was once attracted to medicine and psychiatry for the creative healing and the joy of genius, problems solving and science.  Yet today it seems dominated by police doctors, politics and clever money.  I’ve learned of the corruption and now I am just a cog in the industry doing my day job but feeling that the forces of death, euthanasia and abortion have stolen the life and meritocracy from the field. I’m actually happy with the ‘day job’.  I am in holding pattern. I am glad for work and a pay cheque in these difficult times.  Survival takes precedence.  Meanwhile it’s okay.  
I am still getting by holding it together with threats abounding I pray and meditate.  My back is a source of pain and limitation but it’ much better, only the memory still influence the present reality. My fears are the issue. 


Well that was very exciting. I just rose and faced my morning accounting task, I completed the book keeping and ensured I had the lion’s share of banking receipts and and statements.  Kaloo Kalay he chortled in his joy.  Jabberwocky.

Now I’ve just got off the phone from booking a few days and nights at Harrison Hot Spring Resort , my birthday present, with Laura and Madigan.  Now today I may go out and get a new iPad as my present to myself . I paid my taxes and that still overdrafts me but I’m still doing okay and last cheque paid off the credit cards I’m now going to increase with the Harrison stay.  I am working but can’t imagine how I’d get by without working.  The fact is I like working and its all okay . I’m muddling forward.
















No comments: