Sunday, February 19, 2023

Dreams

I dreamed I was in a men’s club with wood panelled walls and leather chairs. I’d been here before in my dreams. It’s part of a greater complex with chandelier dining rooms and large windows looking out on mountains and sea.  There was the scent of marijuana smoke and I may or may not have had a toke. I know I’m resisting this. I’ve not or smoked dope in decades yet I struggle with temptation occasionally.   Dr. Ray Baker the renowned addictionologist was there as well as other mentors of mine sitting in chairs reading newspapers, iPads and books.  No one was drinking. No one was smoking cigars. I was blessed to be in the midst of men I admired and looked up too.  I am welcome there.  I was also welcome in the dining room where crystal and silver place settings were. I had sat in the spiritual lecture and service in a large carpeted room filled with removable chairs and joined in the singing of hymns. I was so uplifted when I woke.  I love this place and the sense of belonging.  I feel like a student again.  It’s the glass bead game.  I’m apart of.  There is such beauty and serenity there.  




No comments: