Sunday, February 27, 2022

Schipol Airport, Amsterdam

The KLM flight was just fine. Great meals and service.  9 something hours.  I meditated some, nodded some, watched three good movies.  Arrival was fine too.  But we’re here in the Schipol Airport. It’s noon here, 3 am in Vancouver.  I’m tired.  When I was young I slept in airports and train stations and bus stations.  It was just easier.  Now I”m so ready for a shower and the Edinburgh Hilton.  The flight’s only an hour a two.  Everyone is wearing masks.  I could have got a coffee before we passed through security but we were hurrying. The benefit of coffee versus lifting the mask was an issue then when I was escaping the long flight.  But this little stopover. Well I’m fading.  I do like this airport. Tulips sold upstairs.  Lots of shops. The international spaceship feel of the place.  We have liked looking at the travellers. Almost universally younger. Attractive and hip.  They’re calling for boarding.  Oh boy. Final jump.
 


No comments: