Sunday, November 8, 2020

Sunday, Crazy World Times

Laura and I just returned from a walk.  She liked looking at the dogs.  I missed Gilbert.  We talked about the new puppy whose en route. 
Do you think the Covid restrictions could interfere with his coming.
I don’t think so but at worst I’d pick him up
The restrictions are only to Hope.
I believe it’s going to be okay. It’s the waiting that’s bad.
The salmon were still running upstream. I took more pictures. Fish pictures aren’t as exciting as bird pictures. No birds today. I did take one picture of Laura. 
I’m kind of irritable.  The election and the lies and the corruption have worn me down.  Repeated notices of voter fraud and the mainstream media calling Trump supporters delusional for saying there’s voter fraud.  It’s all a matter of black is white and white is black. I’ve felt what Bonhoffer must have felt.  
All this furor about a woman and black woman whose clearly brown and is East Indian or as they say ‘south Asian’. This is a great day to be celebrated. Really?  My mother and grand mother and all the women of my family would have hated her. A woman whose obvious gifts are sexual prowess. Yet Trump was excoriated because he described such a woman in locker room terms. I can’t wait till the Harris tape comes out with her saying, “You just grab the men by the dick. That’s all it takes.”  How many dozens of men can come through and say she lied to them? All double standard. What’s good for the gander is good for the gander. And what’s good for the goose is good for the gander. Are women more hypocritical than men? Or is that just how it seems. Doublespeak.  
1984.  More double standard or no standards. 
Trudeau looks more stoned everyday. His eyes are saucers and he can’t even deliver his lines. We’re not even allowed to know whose feeding him his script. He’s always wearing a prompter. Is it’s XiJinping. Biden. Soros. He doesn’t look capable of a coherent thought yet we’re supposed to be happy that a guy who knows nothing about science or economics talks about his socks. First Obama and the socks and now Trudeau and the socks. What’s with the socks? 
Meanwhile It’s a sunny day. I’ve got nothing to complain about. Except Covid and the restrictions.  Covid and the restrictions are sure hurting a lot of people more than me. I’m feeling such sadness talking to patients devastated and alienated. 
Of course they’re anxious. Of course they’re depressed.  No it doesn’t make a lot of sense. Talk to people. Get out and exercise.  Take some more medication.  Don’t do drugs. Don’t overdose before the miracle happens. I don’t feel like I used to feel when I more positive. This is like the doldrums. I was in the middle of the ocean bobbing about waiting days for a wind that eventually came.  That’s what this feels like. 
I just read Dean Koontz book, The Watchers .  Lovely exciting read.  I’m in that between books space.  I think I’ll listen to the audio book by Louise Penny I’ve been enjoying .I bought a hard copy for Laura knowing she’d like it as much as I do.  That’s the problem with kindle and audio books, can’t share so easily.  We loved watching Girl in the Spiders Web last night on Netflix. I’d bought this roast which turned out spectacular in the gas stove with Laura setting the timer and taking it out at perfection.  
It’s been a full weekend with Laura visiting. Next week is a short week with a day off for Remembrance Day Wednesday. I loved in later years going to the cenataph with Dad so he could be with the old vets’. Growing up he had his blue RCAF jacket in the front room. It only came out for Remembrance Day. At the Ottawa war museum he loved to visit the bombers and talk about his time as a bombardier on the west coast. 
“I think we bombed a whale but they insisted it was a Japanese sub.”  He’d say.
He was most fascinated by the tail gunner position where his childhood friend had spent the war with several tours in Europe.  They’d gone to a one room school house as boys. Both had survived the war.  He was in his 90’s then.  I miss him. 









 

No comments: