Friday, July 19, 2019

Dear Lord

Okay Lord, here we are again. You’ve clearly woken me up for this day.  I thank you for the dog and cat. The indoor plumbing is great too.  I loved the expresso machine and refridgerator, shreddies, yoghurt and hot and cold running water. Meditating was good as always. Exercising a bit iffy. Reading the jokes my friends sent me was a good start.  I have that frown today.
What’s it about?  I gather we’re still spinning on a planet around an unnamed sun in a galaxy in the armpit of the expanding universe with limited life span and faith and belief in the after life because I woke up today and frankly believing I won’t wake up is unscientific low brow nonsense.  The statistics supported my wakening today, subjectively, as I have.
I don’t feel alone. You may be the conjugate consciousness of my dog and cat but I rather feel you’re something more. A higher power.  The creator. I also feel that we have a communication. I believe prayer works. I’ve seen countless examples of miracles and won’t let the unimaginative reductionist thugs dependent on weapons to promote their limited vision sway me. There’s infinite possibility but I’m limited in faith and have given up trying to fly. I can use the planes and yet I remember a time when I jumped and jumped and jumped.
Now I look back I gave up too soon.
I gave up smoking because I didn’t stop quitting.  
Today I’ll shyly ‘jump’ when no one is looking, maybe put my arms out about my head, and perhaps have faith and belief enough to get a better altitude. I’ve been beaten down by cretans in power, Vorgons, and censorship and unbelieving money men and money women. I want to forgive them.  Let them go. Acceptance.  I want to jump today and pray.
I know my soul can fly on Eagles wings.
Perhaps so can I.





No comments: