Sunday, March 3, 2019

Vancouver Art Gallery -French Moderns - Monet to Matisse - 1850 to 1950

The French Moderns exhibit brought me to the Vancouver Art Gallery. Every time I come I ask myself why I don’t come more often.  The Vancouver Art Gallery’s is spectacular.  The men and women who manage it are to be truly commended. They are artists of the gallery themselves.  So much is selection and presentation.   Vancouver Art Gallery simply ‘gets it”.   True genius.  
Today’s work was a joy. I felt uplifted and inspired.  So much history. Such vision.   Some works brought tears to my eyes:the sheer beauty and depth. Others made me smile.  
Thank you Vancouver Art Gallery!







She is gorgeous but the picture captures an era.



I love Degas, his dancers and nudes. What a delight!



Renoir’s are rare. I was spoiled in Moscow. 
I’ve never seen these gems though. 







Classic Chagall....so alive.



Matisse - Woman in Armchair - Matisse is so amazing.

Emily Carr is so much more than just trees.



Love the Group of Seven and A.Y. Jackson







Montreal



There are 4 floors each with different exhibits





Traditional Carr















No comments: