Saturday, March 16, 2019

Harrison Lake Saturday - not much happening.

The time is going so fast.  Gilbert made sure we were up at his usual work week time. He began harrumphing at 7 am. I gave him a little Cesar and made coffee at 7:30 am. That’s when the helicopter attack hit the RV grounds. I was watching out my window when a dozen men in black body armour and short hand held machine guns descended on the dozen geese squawking near us. The geese made short shrift of the combat unit. Didn’t get a shot off before the geese were among them nipping and chasing them out in the streets.
I really enjoyed my coffee. Gilbert ate his Little Cesar. Laura slept. I spoke with God.  He had no immediate business for me.  So I wrote in my journal.  I walked Gilbert around the circuit.  Harrison Lake was beautiful.  Out of the wind it was warm. The wind off the lake made me glad I’d worn two layers.  I was wearing my Keens closed toed sandals even though there’s never been Larva Migrans attacks on the beaches of Harrison Lake.  One can never take too many precautions.  
Gilbert enjoyed the walk, blind but still enjoying all the delights of the nose.  We stopped every 10 feet.  
Back in the RV Laura was talking with unicorns and dragons.  A fairy the size of a butterfly flew out when I opened the door.  She was reading a novel and the characters were dancing in front of her on the bed. A couple of 30’s folk in period wear. Period for me, not for them.
I had back bacon and eggs so fried them each up in different pans putting them together in the Cobbs buns I’d bought before this trip.  More coffee.  Gilbert was exhausted after his walk so slept.  He didn’t even wake up for the car chase.  A dozen police cars and one electric car went by with an RCMP  on a donkey following. Two cyclist policemen from False creek were even further behind. The electric car hit another car and became airborne twirling 180 degrees before crashing on it’s back and sliding down the street into the ice cream and latte vendor.  
Laura and I really enjoyed breakfast.
I actually napped after the feast.  I love the new mattress. So comfortable.  We had discussed 6 inch, 9 inch and 12 inch and really 9 inches is just great for me.  Laura was in favour of 6 inches and we both were against the 24 inch mattress. 
I felt guilty around 3 pm having done nothing while two spaceships had taken off to explore the galaxy.  I got my Motorino electric bike off the front truck mount.  Much to my surprise I found helmet and gloves, the key to unlock the Torino Electric bike and actually mounted it and rode off into the sunset.  Laura and Gilbert promised to wait. I looked back and saw them standing their waving. Gilbert was rubbing his doggie snozz with a Kleenex Laura had handed him.  Not having my eyes forward I ran into a fence then extracted myself and pedalling with electric assist thought I looked the part of an Olympic athlete until the first hill.  The bike is truly great on the flat but once there’s any amount of hill I have to get off and walk it. I rode all the way around the lake past the  docks and half way to the camp.  The hills got to me so I turned around and coasted back towards town.  Young people had campfires on the beach.  A number of Harley drivers and one beautiful trike were parked by the breakwater.  Kayakers and geese were in the water.  
I was physically tired when I got back to the RV Camper but pulled my belly in and stumbled up the stairs to look the part of a conquering hero having electric assisted bicycled at most an hour. I did bicycle across Europe but that was in my 20’s and apparently bragging about things one did nearly a half century ago doesn’t count.  Laura who maintains a low bar for appreciation was impressed I actually got it off the truck and used it.
I made myself another coffee. Laura and Gilbert went for a walk.  I’ve been left alone with myself, blood having pumped in great streams to the top of my head.  I thought I’d share the pictures. I missed the first Alien landing on earth fumbling with the iPhone but I like the little white flowers budding shot.   I admitted under torture after all my toenails and fingernails were removed that I thought I was having a good time. 





















No comments: