Sunday, March 3, 2019

Shiloh-Fifth Avenue United Church

I was late for early church so thankful for Shiloh-Fifth Avenue United Church’s 11:30 am church service.  Gilbert, my cockapoo, loves St. Bartholomew Church.  Rev. Shannon gave a moving sermon incorporating the news events of the week pointing to the courage of some and failure of others.  It brought the Christian message home. Jesus didn’t shy from truth. 
 The congregation is involved in this church.  Lots of participation. I liked the prayers with individuals sharing with Rev. Shannon who took their individual message to a broader basis.  Common Voices hymns.  And balloons. I must admit I’ve never seen balloons in church with children explaining the coming season of Lent.
 I love the laughter at Shiloh-Fifth United.  





No comments: