Sunday, March 17, 2019

Harrison Lake, Vedder River and the Alp Adventurer Truck Camper

We’re now parked overlooking the Vedder River by Sardis. It’s 3 in the afternoon. Sunny. Hot. Lovely sound of running river.  Laura and I are sitting with Gilbert in the camper. We had driven down the road a bit and stopped in a parking lot.. That’s where Laura made up steak sandwiches from last nights barbecue.  After, I lay down on the bed with full tummy and Gilbert lay down on the floor with full tummy.. We both napped, bellies full. Now

I’m over here on the other side of the river in this picturesque spot having made myself a coffee. I love this Alp Adventurer camper. So convenient. As much fun as a my old VW Vanagon.  Yet this is not just a pod but a whole home on wheels.  I love the big refridgerator and the bright clean head.

This morning in Harrison’s I took Gilbert on a long walk around the lagoon. When we got back I headed over to the public pool and languished for a half hour in the magnificent healing waters. 

Last night I barbecued steaks at the back of the camper and boiled up some potatoes. Food always tastes best outdoors. The tenderloin steaks were awesome. Laura and I climbed into bed after that.  We let Gilbert join us and he literally took over the bed.  He then lay between us on his back letting us take turns rubbing his tummy. 

We were all watching Clint Eastwood’s son in the bizarre western Diablo.  I keep hoping for Little House of the Prairies and getting westerns cross supernatural. This one was a bout a ‘split personality’.  Actually, really very good but too much like work in the end.  I really did like Bonanza with Hoss and Little Joe.  I bought a handful of DVD’s from the half price bin and I guess you get what you pay for.  

Soon I’ll be going for re runs like we do often with radio, opting for the oldies rather than risking getting some music which makes you want to throw yourself out of the car.  Probably why I like gospel so much.  Uplifting and inspiring. Given that I saw some of my favourite movies decades ago I probably won’t remember them when I re watch them. 

Now here we are on Sunday. If we had checked out of a motel or hotel we’d have gone directly home but this way we can enjoy the sunny afternoon. Laura just got back from walk along the woods with Gilbert who is letting us know with growls whenever anyone is coming near.  He can’t see but his nose and ears are just fine. 

I love being able to make a coffee in my vehicle.  At times life really is so good. Thank you God.  I do have the Luck of the Irish. 

It’s St. Patrick’s Day.  Not raining either.  I can’t recall a St. Patrick’s day that wasn’t raining and cold.  















  

No comments: