Saturday, December 29, 2018

Hay Bay Family Christmas 2018

Gilbert and I have had a truly blessed and wondrous time this Christmas at Hay Bay. What a joy Adell has brought to this home. The nephews are great. And of course the dogs.  It’s been a highlight of my life to be welcomed home. . I thank my father and mother and family for these moments.  Shredding the frequent sense of isolation and alienation in this gathering of love.
The last time I was at Hay Bay my older brother Ron was dying.  Kingston Hospital and staff and Napanee outreach were all wonderful. But Adell and  boys, Graeme, Andrew, Allan and Tanya, Andrew’s wife were the real hero’s. Adell was the stuff of legend. Ron had told me when I asked personally, “all I want is to have more time with my family.”  It was so good that he could return home with his family. He loved looking out this window as I am today.  The family gathered around and held him close.  He was a truly great man. . Till he was bed ridden he was planting fruit trees for future generations.
This Christmas Tanya announced a child on the way. I’m to be a Grand Uncle. Ron would have loved to be here.  He was in spirit. The whole family, Grand Parents, Parents, Uncles, Aunts, Cousins, Nephews, Neices all seemed to gather close when she shared the news.  At Christmas.  A new baby coming.  
 I felt my brother everywhere, thought often of  our childhood with family, the many Christmases before kaledoscoping through my mind, friends and family, the ex’s, love and caroles. Christmas music, turkey dinner, cranberries, turkey dinner left overs.
Adell  beamed at the prospect of being a grandmother.  I remembered my mom sharing that special moment when Adell told her of the beginning of Graeme.  
Allan and Meagan announced their engagement.  A lovely sapphire ring.  Sparkling in the Christmas lights.  Jodi, Meagan’s delightful mother, came right out and said it, “good we’re closer to having more children about.”  
I loved these two mothers and their love for the children and their futures. What great leaders they are.  
So it’s another year.  Gilbert, blind and old played with his cousins. Pepper Graeme’s cockapoo made close friends with Gilbert. Eva, the little love bug was mischievous as ever and so glad to run with Pepper and Gilbert. The trip was worth it if only to see the three playing together on the front lawn .  Walking with Graeme and me around the property was rewarding too. First Gilbert found the dead fish and rolled in it. Then Pepper found the dead fish and rolled in it.  
 The swans on the lake were a treat. The snow and the rain and sunshine all so welcome. 
Melvine, Adell’s cousin has a great sense of humor. The laughter here was so bright. The wood fire.  Uplifting music. Faith. Hope. Love.  
I loved going to St. Mary’s Christmas Eve service enjoying the caroles and the sermon.  Jesus Christ is born.  Jesus Christ is Lord. Hail the new born King!.
Connecting again with my cousin Ruth Anne was terrific too. I had that warm sentimental heart feeling, that relaxation I rarely feel in the war zone of my work.  Everyone’s offended and everyone is looking for an excuse or law suit.  False accusations and fake news. No more truth. The air is thick with the smell of drugs of one kind or other.   
The spirit of the flow is here  My heart sings.   It’s wonderful to have family.  Merry Christmas.  I’ll always remember this Christmas. Thank you Ron. Thank you Adell. Thank you Mom and Dad, Uncles, Aunts, cousins, nephews. Those who have passed are angels now gathering around this family.  The air is filled with their prayers.  Hello to the grand ones coming.  Thank you Tanya and Meagan.  
Hallelujah. Family Christmas at Hay Bay.  A real Rockwell Hallmark reprieve  A heavenly beach  in the middle of Canadian winter. Thank you. Thank you. 






















































































No comments: