Sunday, December 2, 2018

The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrope, Pacific Theatre

The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrope is play written by Ron Reed based on the Narnia tale by C.S. Lewis.  Reed’s writing is superb. The play is a tour de force.  Rebecca DeBoer is amazing in her portrayal of Lucy Prevenise and a cast of other characters. Her amazing transformation for innoscent girl to the White Witch is a reason for attending the play alone.  Such commanding acting is what theater is about.  John Voth is an equally great actor playing Peter Prevensie and a cast of others. Frankly I loved his Mr. Beaver above all else.  Ira Fondse and Shelby Wyoming’s played the tour guide and I love her elocution. Sarah Rodgers was a very fine director having  her hands full, with the complexity of changes, sets and characters and places mostly suggested by the change of a cloak. Sheila White, the constume designer was a genius especially with Rebecca’s Islam cloak or movement of a Wardrope..  I loved it all. I was mesmerized by this tale told at first as memory then bursting into the action and chase that had me utterly captivated by the suspense and thrill. I saw that young and old around me were enjoying it all as much as I.  A standing ovation for sure.  My arms ached with the clapping and clapping.  So well deserved.

Thank you Pacific Theatre for another glorious play so uplifting and timely.  Ron Reed, what amazing story telling.  














No comments: