Monday, December 10, 2018

Holy Spirit Come

Come Holy Spirit Come
Emmanuel my lord, come to me
Fill me with your joy and presence
Remind me of the reason for living
Give me renewed purpose and meaning
Show me how I am to live these days of chaos
Lift me up on Eagles wings
Touch me, guide me, 
Holy Spirit Come

This season of Christmas
As the world here renews
The dying of the light and the coming of the light
Let myself be renewed in you.
Remind me of the baby that came into the world
To bring joy to the world
The Good News.
The love of mother and father 
The love in the world
The prevailing of right over wrong.
The foregiveness of sin
The promises 
The Sermon on the Mount
The Beatittudes.

Remind me what is real My Lord and Creator
Lift the veil from my eyes 
Protect me from the lies of the world
Help me align with the eternal 
Holy Spirit Come
Emmanuel, Emmanuel Come


No comments: