Thursday, September 27, 2018

Gratitude List

I think it’s the weather or politics but there’s that sense of impending doom. I just suffered through the anniversary of a failed marriage. I had a flashback to the wedding and the promises. I tend to nurse resentments and have trouble some days cleaning the slate and starting anew. With coming of winter I have fears.  So rather than selectively recalling the negatives of the past or worrying about the future which hasn’t come I attempt to stay in the day.  Be here now. Just for today.  Practicing the present. Knowing that an attitude of gratitude will attractive more positive than a negative attitude.

So now to get out of the slump of loss I need to remind myself of what I have this day.
Well thank you God for 
Friends
Family
Especially Gilbert and George
Electricity
Light
Heat and warmth
Running water
Clean air
My motorcycles
My car
Telephones
Internet
Indoor plumbing - toilet - this should be higher in the list
Food
Coffee - especially coffee
the idea of space shifts
Potential for Interdimensional travel
Flight
Speed - i like variable speed in vehicles and walking
Flat surfaces
Mountains
Roads and walkways
Buildings
Mines
Trains and planes
Poetry
Music
Refrigeration
Hot showers and hot tubs
Swimming pools
Bicycles
Rifles and bullets
Bows and arrows and sharp knives
Forks and spoons
Bowls
Journals
Typing and keyboards.
Memory
Fragrances
Incense
T-shirt’s, especially Harley Davidson and Sailing T-shirt’s
Sailboats
Canoes
Vehicles of every kind
Tents
Campers
RV’s
Babies
Puppies
Kittens
Photography
Thank you for colours.
Thank you God for all these blessings thes coming hours of wakefulness, the myriad experiences and adventures available to me in the moment to moment day of potential sacred wonder. Help me lift up my eyes. Protect me.  Guide me.  Be with me.  
Thank you Jesus. 

No comments: